Deer and fate?
RL
2006-08-04 16:25:22 UTC
On June 10th, at approx. 9:30 PM, Donnie (our club's Sgt. at Arms) was
riding to work on a busy highway, when he hit a deer. He braked, he swerved
and no matter what he did, he said that crazy doe just kept coming at him
until they finally met. He said he stayed with the bike until it high-sided
him and he ended up under the Harley, in the barditch. Somehow, with a
busted hand, broken clavicle and other various and numerous injuries, he
managed to push the bike off himself and stagger to the side of the road.
A pickup with some teenagers had witnessed the accident. They called 911,
helped him into the bed of the truck and the teenage girl stayed with him
until Dr. Vardag, who was one vehicle behind, stopped to assist. She
stabilized him and stayed until Careflight took our friend to an Abilene
hospital, where after surgery and a week of recuperation, he was sent home
to mend. It will still be a while before he can ride again but ride, he
will.

Dr. Vardag, who had transferred from Mt. Sinai Hospital, to the hospital in
Breckenridge, Texas, was an extremely competent doctor and a very caring
person. She had just accepted a job in south Texas and was on her way
there, less than 2 weeks after having helped Donnie. Traveling the same
road that Donnie had his deer accident on, Dr. Vardag's car was found
overturned, after having run off the road and flipping several times. She
died at the scene, that afternoon. The cause? A deer.

--
Sunny Williams
sunny will at tx vets period org

~Teddy Roosevelt
Andrew
2006-08-04 16:28:07 UTC
http://msn.foxsports.com/other/story/5843580
--
Andrew
00 Daytona
05 Infant
.***@see_my_sig_for_address.com
2006-08-04 16:37:33 UTC
On Fri, 04 Aug 2006 09:28:07 -0700, Andrew
Post by Andrew
http://msn.foxsports.com/other/story/5843580
And his new license plate

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/

'With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.'
HVAC/R program for Palm PDA's
Free demo now available online http://pmilligan.net/palm/
RL
2006-08-04 18:29:03 UTC
Post by Andrew
Post by RL
died at the scene, that afternoon. The cause? A deer.
http://msn.foxsports.com/other/story/5843580
Yes, I read about that in another thread, different link but my point was
that the doctor who helped (and probably saved my friend Donnie), was
herself later killed because of a deer. I've never even heard of that race
car driver.[1]
And I guess your point is: we are not safe from deer anywhere. I've been
saying that for a long time, ever since _your_ deer encounter.

[1] I quit auto racing, or even watching it, years ago.

~Teddy Roosevelt
Andrew
2006-08-04 19:52:06 UTC
Post by RL
Post by Andrew
Post by RL
died at the scene, that afternoon. The cause? A deer.
http://msn.foxsports.com/other/story/5843580
Yes, I read about that in another thread, different link but my point was
that the doctor who helped (and probably saved my friend Donnie), was
herself later killed because of a deer. I've never even heard of that race
car driver.[1]
And I guess your point is: we are not safe from deer anywhere. I've been
saying that for a long time, ever since _your_ deer encounter.
[1] I quit auto racing, or even watching it, years ago.
Yup...kill them all. Feed Africa!
--
Andrew
00 Daytona
05 Infant
RL
2006-08-04 20:01:22 UTC
Post by Andrew
Post by RL
Post by Andrew
Post by RL
that the doctor who helped (and probably saved my friend Donnie), was
herself later killed because of a deer. I've never even heard of that race
car driver.[1]
And I guess your point is: we are not safe from deer anywhere. I've been
saying that for a long time, ever since _your_ deer encounter.
[1] I quit auto racing, or even watching it, years ago.
Yup...kill them all. Feed Africa!
To heck with Africa, feed me for life!
Not only that but think of all the hungry kids in the US.
*Bambi burgers* for all!

~Teddy Roosevelt
y***@gmail.com
2006-08-04 20:09:46 UTC
Post by RL
To heck with Africa, feed me for life!
Not only that but think of all the hungry kids in the US.
*Bambi burgers* for all!
Actually I'll take venison loin wrapped in bacon and grilled over a
really hot bed of coals. Mmmmmm. Now I'm hungry.
Beckyboo
I love deer jerky...yummy.
Susan (CobbersMom)
2006-08-06 13:27:00 UTC
"Beckyboo" <> wrote in message > I love deer jerky...yummy.

And I love jerky deer.
A friend of mine called last fall about a road kill nearby from the night
before. Found it and grabbed the back legs to drag it to my car and it
started kicking. The cop dispatched and I had REALLY fresh roadkill.
Sue
Minocqua, WI
Yamaha '00 VStar 650
'04 TW200 (mud = fun)
Kawasaki '95 Vulcan 1500 V#15937

Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.
RL
2006-08-07 15:34:59 UTC
Post by Susan (CobbersMom)
"Beckyboo" <> wrote in message > I love deer jerky...yummy.
And I love jerky deer.
A friend of mine called last fall about a road kill nearby from the night
before. Found it and grabbed the back legs to drag it to my car and it
started kicking. The cop dispatched and I had REALLY fresh roadkill.
Hi Sue.
Used to, the DPS or Park Rangers had a call list to contact people to pick
up road killed deer, or deer shot by poachers. They don't do that any more.
Now, even if you hit a deer yourself, you can't pick it up. They go to the
nearest landfill. What a waste.

~Teddy Roosevelt
Chuck Rhode
2006-08-08 02:36:46 UTC
RL wrote this on Mon, 07 Aug 2006 10:34:59 -0500. My reply is below.
Post by RL
Used to, the DPS or Park Rangers had a call list to contact people
to pick up road killed deer, or deer shot by poachers. They don't
do that any more. Now, even if you hit a deer yourself, you can't
pick it up. They go to the nearest landfill. What a waste.
I wonder whether the shadow of concern about chronic wasting disease
nationwide has caused this change. Perhaps, the state that owns the
deer feels it might have to take responsibility for feeding
well-meaning citizens tainted meat. They may feel this way whether
CWD is present locally or not. There is speculation that roadkilled
deer are less wary and agile than those that avoided being hit because
of stress factors including CWD.
--
.. Chuck Rhode, Sheboygan, WI, USA
.. 1979 Honda Goldwing GL1000 (Geraldine)
.. 64° — Wind NE 6 mph — Clear.
RL
2006-08-04 21:43:54 UTC
Post by y***@gmail.com
Post by RL
To heck with Africa, feed me for life!
Not only that but think of all the hungry kids in the US.
*Bambi burgers* for all!
Actually I'll take venison loin wrapped in bacon and grilled over a
really hot bed of coals. Mmmmmm. Now I'm hungry.
Sounds good.
Or how 'bout chicken-fried deer steak, smothered in cream gravy, or chopped
BBQ'd venison, venison chili, venison jerky and my favorite, deer meat
tamales. Dadgum, I forgot to eat lunch and now I'm really hungry!

~Teddy Roosevelt
y***@gmail.com
2006-08-05 00:04:10 UTC
Post by RL
Post by y***@gmail.com
Post by RL
To heck with Africa, feed me for life!
Not only that but think of all the hungry kids in the US.
*Bambi burgers* for all!
Actually I'll take venison loin wrapped in bacon and grilled over a
really hot bed of coals. Mmmmmm. Now I'm hungry.
Sounds good.
Or how 'bout chicken-fried deer steak, smothered in cream gravy, or chopped
BBQ'd venison, venison chili, venison jerky and my favorite, deer meat
tamales. Dadgum, I forgot to eat lunch and now I'm really hungry!
Serves you right. You started this. ;) Or was it Andrew? Hmmm.

Bryan
High Plains Thumper
2006-08-05 00:45:22 UTC
yournotauser wrote...
Post by y***@gmail.com
Post by RL
To heck with Africa, feed me for life!
Not only that but think of all the hungry kids in the US.
*Bambi burgers* for all!
Actually I'll take venison loin wrapped in bacon and grilled over a
really hot bed of coals. Mmmmmm. Now I'm hungry.
Sounds good.
Or how 'bout chicken-fried deer steak, smothered in cream gravy, or
chopped BBQ'd venison, venison chili, venison jerky and my favorite, deer
meat tamales. Dadgum, I forgot to eat lunch and now I'm really hungry!
You fergot the Chan-neese way of cooking .... deer tail soup, venison curry,
deer ramen, stir fried venison, teriyaki venison, deer adobo, venison
sushi, etc.
HPT
RL
2006-08-05 14:38:27 UTC
Post by High Plains Thumper
yournotauser wrote...
Post by y***@gmail.com
Post by RL
To heck with Africa, feed me for life!
Not only that but think of all the hungry kids in the US.
*Bambi burgers* for all!
Actually I'll take venison loin wrapped in bacon and grilled over a
really hot bed of coals. Mmmmmm. Now I'm hungry.
Sounds good.
Or how 'bout chicken-fried deer steak, smothered in cream gravy, or
chopped BBQ'd venison, venison chili, venison jerky and my favorite, deer
meat tamales. Dadgum, I forgot to eat lunch and now I'm really hungry!
You fergot the Chan-neese way of cooking .... deer tail soup, venison curry,
deer ramen, stir fried venison, teriyaki venison, deer adobo, venison
sushi, etc.
I was with you until you mentioned sushi.
You do realize that deer carry all sorts of nasty little vermin, in their
skin and inside their innerds? My dog got sick by walking through some deer
"pellets" and then licking his paws. He almost died because of it.
I eat beef medium rare but I eat venison well done.

~Teddy Roosevelt
High Plains Thumper
2006-08-05 18:57:21 UTC
"High Plains Thumper" wrote...
Post by High Plains Thumper
yournotauser wrote...
Post by y***@gmail.com
Post by RL
[...]
Ummmh, you are thinking of sashimi, the raw fish served as a delicacy with
horseradish mustard. Sushi is all types of specially prepared rice.
Instead of strips of cooked beef, pork or shrimp, I was thinking of
venison, perhaps teriyaki style. Sometimes, restaurants may put strips of
raw fish, such as yellow fin tuna in rolled sushi covered with a seaweed
wrapper. However, such IMHO is restaurant food.
HPT
RL
2006-08-05 20:37:18 UTC
Post by High Plains Thumper
"High Plains Thumper" wrote...
Post by High Plains Thumper
yournotauser wrote...
Post by y***@gmail.com
Post by RL
[...]
Well, venison would make good pepper steak. I don't care for seafood but I
do like rice. My favorite Chinese restaurant fare, is pepper steak and egg
rolls with hot horseradish mustard. The kind that makes your eyes water and
clears your sinuses.
The one Chinese Buffet restaurant that we have here in town, is not very
good by anyone's standards. I don't know much about sushi/sashimi bars,
other than what I've heard, so you'll have to pardon my ignorance.

~Teddy Roosevelt
Turby
2006-08-05 22:08:04 UTC
On Sun, 06 Aug 2006 03:57:21 +0900, High Plains Thumper
Post by High Plains Thumper
"High Plains Thumper" wrote...
Post by High Plains Thumper
[...]
I was thinking of nigiri.sushi. Specifically, a little thing my local
ita-san cooks up. He calls it "hamachi oh." Start with a spicy
yellowtail mix, make a sandwich of it between two mint leafs, tempura
the sandwich, cut it in two, then make nigiri of it with a narrow
seaweed tie, topped with a dark sweet sauce and sesame seeds. I don't
think it's very traditional, but it is incredible. (Hey, I _like_
restaurant food!)
Turby the Turbosurfer
y***@gmail.com
2006-08-05 19:12:22 UTC
Post by RL
I was with you until you mentioned sushi.
You do realize that deer carry all sorts of nasty little vermin, in their
skin and inside their innerds? My dog got sick by walking through some deer
"pellets" and then licking his paws. He almost died because of it.
I eat beef medium rare but I eat venison well done.
Sushi is the style of sweet and sour sticky rice. Actually there are
several styles of sushi rice, but it's the rice that makes it sushi.
Lots of sushi has cooked parts. All of the crab and eel are cooked as
far as I know. Also there are some sushis that use more familiar
meats, and they are cooked. They do use some raw red fleshed fish in
some sushis, but sushi doesn't mean raw fish as so many people think.

Bryan
.***@see_my_sig_for_address.com
2006-08-05 19:22:58 UTC
Post by y***@gmail.com
Post by RL
I was with you until you mentioned sushi.
You do realize that deer carry all sorts of nasty little vermin, in their
skin and inside their innerds? My dog got sick by walking through some deer
"pellets" and then licking his paws. He almost died because of it.
I eat beef medium rare but I eat venison well done.
Sushi is the style of sweet and sour sticky rice. Actually there are
several styles of sushi rice, but it's the rice that makes it sushi.
Lots of sushi has cooked parts. All of the crab and eel are cooked as
far as I know. Also there are some sushis that use more familiar
meats, and they are cooked. They do use some raw red fleshed fish in
some sushis, but sushi doesn't mean raw fish as so many people think.
Bryan
If I knew sushi, like you know sushi ......

Oh, Oh, OH what a fish !

Venture Rider
2006-08-05 01:39:11 UTC
Post by RL
Sounds good.
Or how 'bout chicken-fried deer steak, smothered in cream gravy, or chopped
BBQ'd venison, venison chili, venison jerky and my favorite, deer meat
tamales. Dadgum, I forgot to eat lunch and now I'm really hungry!
Compared to beef, deer are a lot healthier to eat. They are not fed
all sorts of crap. Take mad cow, for example. The result of feeding
animal remains (including cow) to cows. Gross.
"What, me worry?" - Alfred E. Neuman
Nate Bargmann
2006-08-05 02:58:39 UTC
Post by Venture Rider
Compared to beef, deer are a lot healthier to eat.
True. A lot of people can't get past the gamy taste, but there are ways
of dealing with that so that it's quite delicious.
Post by Venture Rider
They are not fed
all sorts of crap. Take mad cow, for example. The result of feeding
animal remains (including cow) to cows. Gross.
Not since 1994 or thereabouts in the USA, anyway. None of the
commercially available feedstuffs use animal protein any longer. With
deer blue tongue and chronic wasting disease are issues still being
investigated. But, who knows what they really eat. I know they steal
what they can from our cattle pens in the winter.

Still, we've got way more than our share around these parts and with a
lack of adequate moisture for the past several years and a lot of the does
having twins, the pressure on what remains of our crops is intense. I'm
thinking I'll have to get a permit again this year and try to off a few.

- Nate >>
--
"The optimist proclaims that we live in the best of all possible worlds,
the pessimist fears this is true."
BJayKana
2006-08-04 21:50:04 UTC
Riding at night time, is just an added risk.
Dont add any extra risks. Lately,the times I've ridden at night, I
worried about those ''rubber slabs, called alegators'' as well.
At night, one only has about 75 yards of visibility, the rest is a
guess.
This time of year, riding at night is a lot more pleasant, but there is
that added risk, of hitting a deer, or other varments, and a chug hole,
and even a dern 2X4. I saw a 6 foot 2X4, a couple of days ago,atleast I
did see it, it was daytime.

'Ya'll take care'' --BJAY--
High Plains Thumper
2006-08-04 20:17:21 UTC
Post by RL
[...]
Sorry to hear of both tragedies and particularly the one about the doctor.

It reminds me of a song sung by Dion DiMucci in 1968:

| Has anybody here seen my old friend Abraham?
| Can you tell me where he's gone?
| He freed a lot of people,
| But it seems the good they die young.
| You know, I just looked around and he's gone.
|
| Anybody here seen my old friend John?
| Can you tell me where he's gone?
| He freed a lot of people,
| But it seems the good they die young.
| I just looked around and he's gone.

Rest of the words are at:

http://steveaudio.blogspot.com/2005/01/long-time-gone_17.html
HPT
RL
2006-08-04 21:49:20 UTC
Post by High Plains Thumper
Post by RL
died at the scene, that afternoon. The cause? A deer.
Sorry to hear of both tragedies and particularly the one about the doctor.
| Has anybody here seen my old friend Abraham?
| Can you tell me where he's gone?
| He freed a lot of people,
| But it seems the good they die young.
| You know, I just looked around and he's gone.
|
| Anybody here seen my old friend John?
| Can you tell me where he's gone?
| He freed a lot of people,
| But it seems the good they die young.
| I just looked around and he's gone.
http://steveaudio.blogspot.com/2005/01/long-time-gone_17.html
Yep, and her young children are now without a mother.

~Teddy Roosevelt
Sean
2006-08-04 22:05:21 UTC
These reports say the deer population is exploding:

http://msnbc.msn.com/id/6835501/
http://www.txtwriter.com/Onscience/Articles/deerpops.html

Take care out there.

Sean_Q_
d***@gmail.com
2006-08-05 02:04:20 UTC
Deer Enchiladas are the best! Deer Lasagna is excellent, too. And deer
chili is the best. We finished up our venison spaghetti sauce today, it
was wonderful. I'm 6'3" and 280, a prime candidate for high
cholesterol. Guess what, the doctor told me today that my cholesterol
was fine. See, take up deer hunting, it's a great time and eat like
human beings were intended.
Sean
2006-08-05 05:04:22 UTC
Post by d***@gmail.com
See, take up deer hunting, it's a great time and eat like
human beings were intended.
The last time I ate venison I got horribly sick. OTOH my human
GI tract is the result of many millenia of evolution from tiny
Cretaceous rodents who scurried around eating dinosour eggs.*

During the vast majority of that period we may adapted to eating
ungulates, starting with gazelle on the Serengeti, but until recently
no one was able to pop the top of an aluminum beer can and drink any
Miller High Life, and yet my innards are much happier with the beer.

Sean_Q_

* So the expression "get cracking", with it's overtone of urgency,
may well be 75 million years old.
Turby
2006-08-05 13:32:04 UTC
If only...
Turby the Turbosurfer
y***@gmail.com
2006-08-05 15:52:12 UTC
Post by Turby
If only...
Bullshit. The little bastards are efficient enough at killing
motorcyclists, we don't need suicide bomber deer. "Today another group
of bikers were killed when a whitetail with a roadside bomb caught them
on a twisty canyon road!"
Post by Turby
--
Turby the Turbosurfer
Bryan
Turby
2006-08-05 21:36:37 UTC
Post by y***@gmail.com
Post by Turby
If only...
Bullshit. The little bastards are efficient enough at killing
motorcyclists, we don't need suicide bomber deer. "Today another group
of bikers were killed when a whitetail with a roadside bomb caught them
on a twisty canyon road!"
ummm, they seem so clueless that it didn't occur to me they do
anything conciously, certainly not homicide. I was thinking something
more mundane, like spontaneous combustion while the herd is dozing
around the local salt lick.
Turby the Turbosurfer
y***@gmail.com
2006-08-06 02:56:56 UTC
Post by Turby
Post by y***@gmail.com
Post by Turby
If only...
Bullshit. The little bastards are efficient enough at killing
motorcyclists, we don't need suicide bomber deer. "Today another group
of bikers were killed when a whitetail with a roadside bomb caught them
on a twisty canyon road!"
ummm, they seem so clueless that it didn't occur to me they do
anything conciously, certainly not homicide. I was thinking something
more mundane, like spontaneous combustion while the herd is dozing
around the local salt lick.
Ahhh. We could only wish that were true. I think the cluelessness is
an act. Check out the "TheOtherAnimalsAreAginUs" link on
http://www.vaguebuttrue.com/genius.htm There are audio and text
versions.
Post by Turby
Turby the Turbosurfer
piddie
2006-08-05 05:32:15 UTC
Post by RL
On June 10th, at approx. 9:30 PM, Donnie (our club's Sgt. at Arms) was
riding to work on a busy highway, when he hit a deer.
In almost every case, he who hits a deer is an idiot who
deserves to die.

piddie -- I hate deer killers.
Nate Bargmann
2006-08-05 13:06:24 UTC
Post by piddie
Post by RL
On June 10th, at approx. 9:30 PM, Donnie (our club's Sgt. at Arms) was
riding to work on a busy highway, when he hit a deer.
In almost every case, he who hits a deer is an idiot who
deserves to die.
piddie -- I hate deer killers.
Yup, it's rather difficult to be surprised by a deer jumping out in front
of you when you sit on your bike in the garage making vrooom vrooom noises
all evening.

- Nate >>
RL
2006-08-05 14:45:49 UTC
Post by piddie
Post by RL
On June 10th, at approx. 9:30 PM, Donnie (our club's Sgt. at Arms) was
riding to work on a busy highway, when he hit a deer.
In almost every case, he who hits a deer is an idiot who
deserves to die.
piddie -- I hate deer killers.
--
Ah, poor piddie feels left out. Did the card fall out of the spokes on your
tricycle? ;)

~Teddy Roosevelt
s***@aol.com
2006-08-07 17:50:24 UTC
Post by piddie
Post by RL
On June 10th, at approx. 9:30 PM, Donnie (our club's Sgt. at Arms) was
riding to work on a busy highway, when he hit a deer.
In almost every case, he who hits a deer is an idiot who
deserves to die.
piddie -- I hate deer killers.
"he who hits a deer is an idiot who deserves to die." ?!?
This type of ignorance is inexcusable and you should be ashamed of
yourself for thinking you know anything about the people who have had
the misfortune of being injured and also killed by accidents of this
type.
Mike Young
Yeah! Shame on you, Piddie. Grow some sensitivity.
HankB
2006-08-05 13:53:34 UTC
Post by RL
Traveling the same
road that Donnie had his deer accident on, Dr. Vardag's car was found
overturned, after having run off the road and flipping several times. She
died at the scene, that afternoon. The cause? A deer.
That's creepy. Most car vs. deer accidents are property damage, but
obviously worse can happen.

My first ride after three months of recuperation from a broken leg(*)
could have ended in a deer strike. I was just riding along and watching
a driver who had no lights in oncoming traffic and on my next scan I
saw a doe standing by the side of the road. Since I was in the right
side of the lane, I rode within about 5 feet of her. Because I was
focusing on another potential threat, I didn't see her until I was too
close to do anything about it. Lucky for me, she just stood there. It
was a reminder to me not to fixate on anything while I'm riding.

(*) No motorcycles were harmed in the breaking of the leg and it is
*great* to be riding again.

-hank
jim rozen
2006-08-05 18:22:26 UTC
Post by RL
overturned, after having run off the road and flipping several times. She
died at the scene, that afternoon. The cause? A deer.
She didn't die because she hit the deer. She died because she
drove her car of the road.

Ironically the same impulse to save life that helped the rider,
did her in. She was trying to do for bambi the same thing she
did for him.

Deer, rule one. When you see them, slow down. Rule two, don't
drive off the road.

Vehicles work best when they're on rubber which is on asphalt.

Jim
please reply to:
pieface
2006-08-05 18:47:32 UTC
Post by jim rozen
Post by RL
overturned, after having run off the road and flipping several times. She
died at the scene, that afternoon. The cause? A deer.
She didn't die because she hit the deer. She died because she
drove her car of the road.
Ironically the same impulse to save life that helped the rider,
did her in. She was trying to do for bambi the same thing she
did for him.
Deer, rule one. When you see them, slow down. Rule two, don't
drive off the road.
Vehicles work best when they're on rubber which is on asphalt.
Jim
Wonder also how many people have drove off the road avoiding cats, dogs
and squirrels.
Beckyboo
2006-08-05 19:31:15 UTC
Post by pieface
Wonder also how many people have drove off the road avoiding cats, dogs
and squirrels.
They say 10% of accidents are completely unexplained. I think I may
have .001% of the answer, wasps get in the car, now that's a big one.
Although a cicada having a gay old time on my windshield wiper once
almost made me lose it too.

Becky
Turby
2006-08-05 21:42:32 UTC
Post by Beckyboo
Post by pieface
Wonder also how many people have drove off the road avoiding cats, dogs
and squirrels.
They say 10% of accidents are completely unexplained. I think I may
have .001% of the answer, wasps get in the car, now that's a big one.
Although a cicada having a gay old time on my windshield wiper once
almost made me lose it too.
In today's paper was a report of a footballer who is on the "injured,
cannot play" list because he reached into the back seat of his car to
get his cell phone - while he was driving on a twisty mountain road.
Yep, he went off the road. (I think he was a lineman. It figures.)
Turby the Turbosurfer
Jim Stinnett
2006-08-06 01:58:59 UTC
Post by RL
On June 10th, at approx. 9:30 PM, Donnie (our club's Sgt. at Arms) was
riding to work on a busy highway, when he hit a deer.
Doesn't seem to be anyone immune to this particular hazard anymore.
By the way it was a doctor who was first on the scene of my recent deer
encounter.
I am sorry to hear of Dr. vartags passing, I am sure she will be
remembered as a good samaritan.

Me? Still need additional surgery before I will be riding again. But I
will be riding, you can bet on it.
--
Jim Stinnett
VTR1000
http://moto-rama.com
RL
2006-08-07 15:29:40 UTC
Post by Jim Stinnett
Post by RL
On June 10th, at approx. 9:30 PM, Donnie (our club's Sgt. at Arms) was
riding to work on a busy highway, when he hit a deer.
Doesn't seem to be anyone immune to this particular hazard anymore.
By the way it was a doctor who was first on the scene of my recent deer
encounter.
I am sorry to hear of Dr. vartags passing, I am sure she will be
remembered as a good samaritan.
Me? Still need additional surgery before I will be riding again. But I
will be riding, you can bet on it.
Sorry to hear about you needing more surgery, Jim. I've no doubt you'll
ride again. I hope it's soon. Get well quick.