[OT] Lunar eclipse tonite
sean_q
2010-12-20 21:25:00 UTC
Bikes parked in the moonlight are gonna lose a heat source.

http://ca.news.yahoo.com/skygazers-early-christmas-gift-years-only-total-eclipse-20101219-101938-406.html

SQ
Bob Myers
2010-12-20 22:29:19 UTC
Post by sean_q
Bikes parked in the moonlight are gonna lose a heat source.
Right, which means that they'll cool down to below ambient even
FASTER!!!!! ;-)

Bob M.
Rob Kleinschmidt
2010-12-20 22:37:43 UTC
Post by Bob Myers
Post by sean_q
Bikes parked in the moonlight are gonna lose a heat source.
Right, which means that they'll cool down to below ambient even
FASTER!!!!! ;-)
Maybe, but ya gotta remember that the loss of the moonlight
heat source might make the oil evaporate less quickly, thus
reducing the tendency of parked motorcycles to cool below
ambient air temperature due to oil phase change.
BryanUT
2010-12-20 23:45:53 UTC
Post by Rob Kleinschmidt
Post by Bob Myers
Post by sean_q
Bikes parked in the moonlight are gonna lose a heat source.
Right, which means that they'll cool down to below ambient even
FASTER!!!!! ;-)
Maybe, but ya gotta remember that the loss of the moonlight
heat source might make the oil evaporate less quickly, thus
reducing the tendency of parked motorcycles to cool below
ambient air temperature due to oil phase change.
I am worried about the effect on blinker fluid. How often do I change
that? A lunar eclipse? Will the werewolves / zombies / vampires suck
out all the blinker fluid?

I am off to prepare the vampire / zombie defence kit. I ain't afraid
of werewolves.
sean_q
2010-12-21 01:43:43 UTC
Post by BryanUT
I am worried about the effect on blinker fluid. How often do I change
that? A lunar eclipse?
Yes. So change it tonight.
Post by BryanUT
I ain't afraid of werewolves.
That's because either (a) you've never met a werewolf, or
(b) you got nibbled by one, got infected by "were" and
are now lycanthropic yourself, thus having no fear of
your fellow pack members.

Note that if a werewolf meets real wolves, they immediately
recognize it as human; whereupon they start wagging their tales
and begging for free handouts. They're wise enough to know that's
how things work in a social welfare state run by Liberals.

SQ
Twibil
2010-12-21 01:48:48 UTC
Post by BryanUT
I am off to prepare the vampire / zombie defence kit. I ain't afraid
of werewolves.
Me either.

Beauregard T. Shagnasty
2010-12-21 01:32:12 UTC
Post by sean_q
Bikes parked in the moonlight are gonna lose a heat source.
http://ca.news.yahoo.com/skygazers-early-christmas-gift-years-only-total-eclipse-20101219-101938-406.html
Remember, too, you won't have another chance to see a winter solstice
lunar eclipse until December 21, *2094*!! So get it while it's hot.
--
-bts
-overcast, flurries, and way cold here...
sean_q
2010-12-21 01:47:16 UTC
Post by Beauregard T. Shagnasty
Remember, too, you won't have another chance to see a winter solstice
lunar eclipse until December 21, *2094*!!
No, we'll never have another chance because Time itself is scheduled
to terminate on the winter solstice, 2012.

So ride while the ridin's good. We've all got exactly 2 years.

SQ
Rob Kleinschmidt
2010-12-21 02:02:41 UTC
There's always Newsweek I suppose.
Beauregard T. Shagnasty
2010-12-21 02:21:45 UTC
Post by sean_q
Post by Beauregard T. Shagnasty
Remember, too, you won't have another chance to see a winter solstice
lunar eclipse until December 21, *2094*!!
No, we'll never have another chance because Time itself is scheduled
to terminate on the winter solstice, 2012.
So ride while the ridin's good. We've all got exactly 2 years.
Heh, I should have selected my rotating sig, as below... ;-)
--
-bts
-This poast is valid through December 21, 2012
Twibil
2010-12-21 03:16:54 UTC
Post by sean_q
No, we'll never have another chance because Time itself is scheduled
to terminate on the winter solstice, 2012.
Hmmmmmmmmm.......

How do you suppose that time -which is universal to all the billions
of galaxies in our ever-expanding universe- knows or cares about the
date of a solstice on a minor planet orbiting an insignificant star
that's located in an unexceptional arm of a very average spiral
galaxy.........which just so happens to be ours?

Seems just a *bit* unlikely unless you take hubris into account.