Fuck OnStar!
Greek Shipping Magnets
2005-04-28 14:14:50 UTC
On Wed, 27 Apr 2005 16:21:43 GMT, Paul Elliot <***@sbcglobal.net>
wrote:

>Believe it or not, I really don't give a shit if they listen or not! I
>already have a file with the FBI and the NSA so what? My life is so
>boring, whoever is listening is probably sound asleep.

Man, I'm sure if they ever get that cloning thing off the ground the
government will want plenty of yous. While the rest of us quietly
disappear.

I hardly say anything worth listening to in the car as well. But it
was annoying trying to adjust the mirror on my rental GM product and
getting a live person asking me if I'm ok and still alive just because
I accidently hit the button. Who the fuck invited someone into my car?

I consider it sinister for a company to install what is essentially a
tracking/bugging device, one which violates many state and federal
laws, but not, because they tell you about it in the fine print
therefore you have "agreed" to it's use.

I don't like that kind of submission. Where actions taken as a result
of need (buying a set of wheels to get from A to B) results in all
kinds of additional shit I didn't want (like 24/7 surveillance of my
whereabouts). What's next? Submitting your DNA to Homeland Security in
order to get approved for a mortgage?

"Oh it's not compulsory, you could just do without owning a roof over
your head!"

Just make sure you don't drive that Saturn of yours someplace where a
crime happened to take place. Cause then the authorities might pull
your travel logs and prove that you were there and left the scene. And
I'm sure while Bubba is giving it to you in the ass, you'll fondly
remember this time when you so casually brushed it off as a non issue.
Tim Kreitz
2005-04-28 14:44:36 UTC
A most excellent post. Fuck OnStar and the Orwellian suveillance
culture it ushers.

__
Tim Kreitz
2003 ZX7R
2000 ZX6R
DoD #2184
http://www.timkreitz.com
jim rozen
2005-04-28 17:51:31 UTC
In article <***@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>, Tim Kreitz
says...

>A most excellent post. Fuck OnStar and the Orwellian suveillance
>culture it ushers.

While you folks are at it, could you please post instructions
about how to wipe the black box data in late-model cars.
Either that, or handy "quick-disconnect" modifications for
the car computer....

Jim

please reply to:
dg
2005-04-28 22:32:13 UTC
"jim rozen" <***@newsguy.com> wrote in message
> In article <***@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>, Tim
> Kreitz
> says...
>>
>>A most excellent post. Fuck OnStar and the Orwellian suveillance
>>culture it ushers.
>
> While you folks are at it, could you please post instructions
> about how to wipe the black box data in late-model cars.
> Either that, or handy "quick-disconnect" modifications for
> the car computer....

Surround black box with thermite, wire up model rocket igniter to button or
airbag igniter wire (probably don't want to mess with those, wouldn't want
to lose the airbags). When you hit button or airbag deploys, the black box
will be totally destroyed, and probably leave a hole in the asphalt below
from the thermite.

I have heard of folks setting up their computer hard drives in such a way.
The feds arrive, the hard drive gets instantly burned.

Wait a minute, isn't this a motorcycle newsgroup?

--Dan
Keith Schiffner
2005-04-28 23:08:41 UTC
"dg"
SNIP> Surround black box with thermite, wire up
model rocket igniter to button
SNIP
> I have heard of folks setting up their computer
> hard drives in such a way. The feds arrive, the
> hard drive gets instantly burned.
>
> Wait a minute, isn't this a motorcycle newsgroup

I seem to vaguely recall HOW to make thermite...I
"Could" roll my own if I chose to. The kids and I
occassionally launch C/D powered rockets...hmm.

--
Keith Schiffner
RCOS #7
"terrorist organization" is a redundancy
Polarhound
2005-04-29 11:37:19 UTC
Keith Schiffner wrote:
> "dg"
> SNIP> Surround black box with thermite, wire up
> model rocket igniter to button
> SNIP
>
>>I have heard of folks setting up their computer
>>hard drives in such a way. The feds arrive, the
>>hard drive gets instantly burned.
>>
>>Wait a minute, isn't this a motorcycle newsgroup
>

> I seem to vaguely recall HOW to make thermite...I
> "Could" roll my own if I chose to. The kids and I
> occassionally launch C/D powered rockets...hmm.

Only problem with this is that any decent thermite blend requires a
magnesium strip in order to get enough heat to start the burn. Unless
you have the strip set up to be lit with the required propane torch, you
won't have much luck.
Ben Kaufman
2005-04-29 12:13:11 UTC
On 28 Apr 2005 07:44:36 -0700, "Tim Kreitz" <***@yahoo.com> wrote:

>A most excellent post. Fuck OnStar and the Orwellian suveillance
>culture it ushers.
>
>__
>Tim Kreitz
>2003 ZX7R
>2000 ZX6R
>DoD #2184
>http://www.timkreitz.com

Yes, and throw in Great Expectations and Silas Marner while you're at it.
Reading them plants neural logic viruses in your mind and the CIA can then do
anything they like with you after the hypnotic induction phrase is heard by the
subject. So don't answer your phone if the caller ID says MCI or starts with
866.

Ben
Reassembler
2005-04-30 04:45:09 UTC
Tim Kreitz <***@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> A most excellent post. Fuck OnStar and the Orwellian suveillance
> culture it ushers.

But it's voluntary. You don't want it, don't buy it.

Reassembler
Paul Elliot
2005-04-28 14:56:57 UTC
Greek Shipping Magnets wrote:
> On Wed, 27 Apr 2005 16:21:43 GMT, Paul Elliot <***@sbcglobal.net>
> wrote:
>

>>Believe it or not, I really don't give a shit if they listen or not! I
>>already have a file with the FBI and the NSA so what? My life is so
>>boring, whoever is listening is probably sound asleep.
>

> Man, I'm sure if they ever get that cloning thing off the ground the
> government will want plenty of yous. While the rest of us quietly
> disappear.
>
> I hardly say anything worth listening to in the car as well. But it
> was annoying trying to adjust the mirror on my rental GM product and
> getting a live person asking me if I'm ok and still alive just because
> I accidently hit the button. Who the fuck invited someone into my car?
>
> I consider it sinister for a company to install what is essentially a
> tracking/bugging device, one which violates many state and federal
> laws, but not, because they tell you about it in the fine print
> therefore you have "agreed" to it's use.
>
> I don't like that kind of submission. Where actions taken as a result
> of need (buying a set of wheels to get from A to B) results in all
> kinds of additional shit I didn't want (like 24/7 surveillance of my
> whereabouts). What's next? Submitting your DNA to Homeland Security in
> order to get approved for a mortgage?
>
> "Oh it's not compulsory, you could just do without owning a roof over
> your head!"
>
> Just make sure you don't drive that Saturn of yours someplace where a
> crime happened to take place. Cause then the authorities might pull
> your travel logs and prove that you were there and left the scene. And
> I'm sure while Bubba is giving it to you in the ass, you'll fondly
> remember this time when you so casually brushed it off as a non issue.

I think you guys are all getting just a tad paranoid.
;-)

--
PC Paul

Trip pics at: http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/paul1cart/my_photos

"To educate a man in mind and not in morals is to educate a menace to
society" - Theodore Roosevelt
Tim Kreitz
2005-04-28 15:58:15 UTC
Paul Elliot wrote:
> I think you guys are all getting just a tad paranoid.
> ;-)

Not really. There have already been several documented cases of the FBI
misusing the OnStar transponders without warrant.

__
Tim Kreitz
2003 ZX7R
2000 ZX6R
DoD #2184
http://www.timkreitz.com
Paul Elliot
2005-04-28 16:03:40 UTC
Tim Kreitz wrote:

> Paul Elliot wrote:
>
>>I think you guys are all getting just a tad paranoid.
>>;-)
>

> Not really. There have already been several documented cases of the FBI
> misusing the OnStar transponders without warrant.
>
> __
> Tim Kreitz
> 2003 ZX7R
> 2000 ZX6R
> DoD #2184
> http://www.timkreitz.com

Really? Can you cite the incidents?

dg
2005-04-28 16:26:14 UTC
"Paul Elliot" <***@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message news:wP7ce.2349
> Really? Can you cite the incidents?
>
> --
> PC Paul

Just google for "onstar fbi" and see what comes up. I liked the Sopranos
episode when Tony had a new Cadillac SUV (or something similar). Somebody
asked "How do you like that thing?" He replied "I like it just fine after
ripping out that onstar crap".

--Dan
Steve Mackay
2005-04-28 17:19:39 UTC
On Thu, 28 Apr 2005 16:26:14 +0000, dg wrote:

> "Paul Elliot" <***@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message news:wP7ce.2349
>> Really? Can you cite the incidents?
>>
>> --
>> PC Paul
>
> Just google for "onstar fbi" and see what comes up. I liked the Sopranos
> episode when Tony had a new Cadillac SUV (or something similar). Somebody
> asked "How do you like that thing?" He replied "I like it just fine after
> ripping out that onstar crap".
>
> --Dan

It was "gps crap" :)
They never mentioned the brand.
dg
2005-04-28 18:09:46 UTC
I can't wait for season 6!

--Dan

Steve Mackay
2005-04-28 21:51:10 UTC

That, and Deadwood are the only decent shows on TV today...
Paul Cassel
2005-04-28 19:14:01 UTC
Paul Elliot wrote:
> Tim Kreitz wrote:
>
>> Paul Elliot wrote:
>>
>>> I think you guys are all getting just a tad paranoid.
>>> ;-)
>>

>> Not really. There have already been several documented cases of the FBI
>> misusing the OnStar transponders without warrant.
>>
>> __
>> Tim Kreitz 2003 ZX7R 2000 ZX6R DoD #2184 http://www.timkreitz.com
>>
> Really? Can you cite the incidents?

Just ask Progressive Insurance. You get a discount if you allow it to
monitor your driving using onstar. Today it's voluntary. Given citizens
who are like you, tomorrow it'll be mandatory.

As far as cites, look it up yourself or are you too busy reporting us to
the FBI as discontents?
Bobbie the Triple Killer
2005-04-29 01:19:12 UTC
Paul Elliot wrote:
> Tim Kreitz wrote:
>
>> Paul Elliot wrote:
>>
>>> I think you guys are all getting just a tad paranoid.
>>> ;-)
>>

>> Not really. There have already been several documented cases of the FBI
>> misusing the OnStar transponders without warrant.
>>
>> __
>> Tim Kreitz 2003 ZX7R 2000 ZX6R DoD #2184 http://www.timkreitz.com
>>
> Really? Can you cite the incidents?

Try this:

http://news.com.com/2100-1029_3-5109435.html

--

R.W.G.

2001 Triumph Sprint RS - R.I.P. ( resting in pieces)
"love the bike, hate the dealer"

Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.
--Oscar Wilde

--Douglas Adams
Paul Elliot
2005-04-29 05:13:04 UTC
Oh, wonderful! Another stellar ruling from the most overturned appellate
court in the nation.
I also don't believe in quoting fictional TV programs as proof of
governmental misdeeds.

"Bobbie the Triple Killer" <***@telus.net> wrote in message
> Paul Elliot wrote:
>> Tim Kreitz wrote:

>>> Not really. There have already been several documented cases of the FBI
>>> misusing the OnStar transponders without warrant.
>>>
>>> __
>>> Tim Kreitz 2003 ZX7R 2000 ZX6R DoD #2184 http://www.timkreitz.com
>>>
>> Really? Can you cite the incidents?
>>

> Try this:
>
> http://news.com.com/2100-1029_3-5109435.html
>

> --
>
> R.W.G.
>
> 2001 Triumph Sprint RS - R.I.P. ( resting in pieces)
> "love the bike, hate the dealer"
>

> Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.
> --Oscar Wilde
>
> I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.
> --Douglas Adams

Oh, wonderful! Another stellar ruling from the most overturned appellate
court in the nation.
I also don't believe in quoting fictional TV programs as proof of
governmental misdeeds

--
PC Paul
http://photos.yahoo.com/paul1cart
* Scotch - Because one doesn't solve the world's problems over white
wine.
Bobbie the Triple Killer
2005-04-29 16:08:48 UTC
Paul Elliot wrote:
> Oh, wonderful! Another stellar ruling from the most overturned appellate
> court in the nation.
> I also don't believe in quoting fictional TV programs as proof of
> governmental misdeeds.
>
> "Bobbie the Triple Killer" <***@telus.net> wrote in message
>
>>Paul Elliot wrote:

>>>Really? Can you cite the incidents?
>>>

>>Try this:
>>
>>http://news.com.com/2100-1029_3-5109435.html
>>

>>--
>>
>>R.W.G.
>>
>>2001 Triumph Sprint RS - R.I.P. ( resting in pieces)
>>"love the bike, hate the dealer"
>>

>>Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.
>> --Oscar Wilde
>>
>>I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.
>> --Douglas Adams
>>

> Oh, wonderful! Another stellar ruling from the most overturned appellate
> court in the nation.
> I also don't believe in quoting fictional TV programs as proof of
> governmental misdeeds

Okay, then's how this one for size?

http://www.pnoa.org/gpssnooping.html

--Douglas Adams
PC Paul
2005-04-29 16:21:36 UTC
Bobbie the Triple Killer wrote:

> Paul Elliot wrote:
>
>> Oh, wonderful! Another stellar ruling from the most overturned
>> appellate court in the nation.
>> I also don't believe in quoting fictional TV programs as proof of
>> governmental misdeeds.
>>
>> "Bobbie the Triple Killer" <***@telus.net> wrote in message

>>> Try this:
>>>
>>> http://news.com.com/2100-1029_3-5109435.html
>>>

>>> --
>>>
>>> R.W.G.
>>>
>>> 2001 Triumph Sprint RS - R.I.P. ( resting in pieces)
>>> "love the bike, hate the dealer"
>>>

>>> Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.
>>> --Oscar Wilde
>>>
>>> I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.
>>> --Douglas Adams
>>>

>> Oh, wonderful! Another stellar ruling from the most overturned
>> appellate court in the nation.
>> I also don't believe in quoting fictional TV programs as proof of
>> governmental misdeeds
>>

> Okay, then's how this one for size?
>
> http://www.pnoa.org/gpssnooping.html

BAAA, BAAAA! I think that it is a totally appropriate use of technology
to catch bad guys. Moral: Don't be a bad guy.

Bobbie the Triple Killer
2005-04-29 17:02:25 UTC
PC Paul wrote:
> Bobbie the Triple Killer wrote:
>
>> Paul Elliot wrote:
>>
>>> Oh, wonderful! Another stellar ruling from the most overturned
>>> appellate court in the nation.
>>> I also don't believe in quoting fictional TV programs as proof of
>>> governmental misdeeds.
>>>
>>> "Bobbie the Triple Killer" <***@telus.net> wrote in message

>>> Oh, wonderful! Another stellar ruling from the most overturned
>>> appellate court in the nation.
>>> I also don't believe in quoting fictional TV programs as proof of
>>> governmental misdeeds
>>>

>> Okay, then's how this one for size?
>>
>> http://www.pnoa.org/gpssnooping.html
>>

> BAAA, BAAAA! I think that it is a totally appropriate use of technology
> to catch bad guys. Moral: Don't be a bad guy.

I've searched high and low and found this Autoweek article. It's fairly
balanced with pros and cons for and against Onstar and similar technologies.
http://www.autoweek.com/article.cms?articleId=101136

Two points in the article that I find very interesting is who owns the
data that is recorded by the 'blackbox' and in the future as these
'blackboxes' become more sophitcated what happens if you get pulled over
for speeding and Officer Smokey hooks his laptop up to your 'blackbox'
and starts writing you tickets for every instance that you went over a
logical maximum highway speed for the area you live in.

Hmmmmmmm.

--Douglas Adams
PC Paul
2005-04-29 17:47:54 UTC
Bobbie the Triple Killer wrote:

> PC Paul wrote:
>
>> Bobbie the Triple Killer wrote:

>>> Okay, then's how this one for size?
>>>
>>> http://www.pnoa.org/gpssnooping.html
>>>

>> BAAA, BAAAA! I think that it is a totally appropriate use of
>> technology to catch bad guys. Moral: Don't be a bad guy.
>>

> I've searched high and low and found this Autoweek article. It's fairly
> balanced with pros and cons for and against Onstar and similar
> technologies.
> http://www.autoweek.com/article.cms?articleId=101136
>
> Two points in the article that I find very interesting is who owns the
> data that is recorded by the 'blackbox' and in the future as these
> 'blackboxes' become more sophitcated what happens if you get pulled over
> for speeding and Officer Smokey hooks his laptop up to your 'blackbox'
> and starts writing you tickets for every instance that you went over a
> logical maximum highway speed for the area you live in.
>

> Hmmmmmmm.

Well, if it gets to that point I'll just have to take a ball peen hammer
to the unit. If they make that illegal, it is time to "water the Tree of
Liberty with the blood of patriots".

Bobbie the Triple Killer
2005-04-29 18:58:08 UTC
PC Paul wrote:
<snip>

>> Two points in the article that I find very interesting is who owns the
>> data that is recorded by the 'blackbox' and in the future as these
>> 'blackboxes' become more sophitcated what happens if you get pulled
>> over for speeding and Officer Smokey hooks his laptop up to your
>> 'blackbox' and starts writing you tickets for every instance that you
>> went over a logical maximum highway speed for the area you live in.
>>

>> Hmmmmmmm.
>>
> Well, if it gets to that point I'll just have to take a ball peen hammer
> to the unit.

Is that what's typically referred to as a quick low level format?

--Douglas Adams
PC Paul
2005-04-29 21:06:20 UTC
Bobbie the Triple Killer wrote:
> PC Paul wrote:
> <snip>
>

>>> Two points in the article that I find very interesting is who owns
>>> the data that is recorded by the 'blackbox' and in the future as
>>> these 'blackboxes' become more sophitcated what happens if you get
>>> pulled over for speeding and Officer Smokey hooks his laptop up to
>>> your 'blackbox' and starts writing you tickets for every instance
>>> that you went over a logical maximum highway speed for the area you
>>> live in.
>>>

>>> Hmmmmmmm.
>>>
>> Well, if it gets to that point I'll just have to take a ball peen
>> hammer to the unit.
>

> Is that what's typically referred to as a quick low level format?

Yeah! That's the ticket!

jim rozen
2005-04-29 19:12:51 UTC
In article <BMtce.12601$***@edtnps84>, Bobbie the Triple Killer says...

>Two points in the article that I find very interesting is who owns the
>data that is recorded by the 'blackbox' and in the future as these
>'blackboxes' become more sophitcated what happens if you get pulled over
>for speeding and Officer Smokey hooks his laptop up to your 'blackbox'
>and starts writing you tickets for every instance that you went over a
>logical maximum highway speed for the area you live in.

I would say the car owner owns the data blocks written during
vehicle operation.

But try to get somebody to read them out for you, I tried this
for my Mom's Lexus after she had a crash. It's a proprietary
format and nothing short of a court order would convice the
dealer to download into a readable format.

So the owner is paying for all that shit that he/she cannot
ever use. It's there to either CYA for the car manufacturer
or for the cops to use to give you a ticket. Why should I
pay extra for that happy horseshit?

Jim

please reply to:
moto
2005-04-29 20:16:58 UTC
no quote ...
Do ya wonder how long it'll be before they have those little black boxes
mounted somewhere on our scoots?
FI bikes have computers right? And are they really what their supposed
to be, or just a little bit more?

moto

Hondas Rule.
Harleys drool

You can pick your nose, you can pick your friends, but you can't wipe
your friends on the couch ...
Reassembler
2005-04-30 04:49:45 UTC

> But try to get somebody to read them out for you, I tried this
> for my Mom's Lexus after she had a crash. It's a proprietary
> format and nothing short of a court order would convice the
> dealer to download into a readable format.
>
> So the owner is paying for all that shit that he/she cannot
> ever use. It's there to either CYA for the car manufacturer
> or for the cops to use to give you a ticket. Why should I
> pay extra for that happy horseshit?

probably the same reason cars have obsolete "trouble codes" instead of a
read-out the driver could understand. Pays them more to keep it
incomprehensible.

Reassembler
Saddlebag
2005-04-29 22:21:07 UTC
Bobbie the Triple Killer wrote:
> Paul Elliot wrote:
>
>> Oh, wonderful! Another stellar ruling from the most overturned
>> appellate court in the nation.
>> I also don't believe in quoting fictional TV programs as proof of
>> governmental misdeeds.
>>
>> "Bobbie the Triple Killer" <***@telus.net> wrote in message

>>> Try this:
>>>
>>> http://news.com.com/2100-1029_3-5109435.html
>>>

>>> --
>>>
>>> R.W.G.
>>>
>>> 2001 Triumph Sprint RS - R.I.P. ( resting in pieces)
>>> "love the bike, hate the dealer"
>>>

>>> Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.
>>> --Oscar Wilde
>>>
>>> I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.
>>> --Douglas Adams
>>>

>> Oh, wonderful! Another stellar ruling from the most overturned
>> appellate court in the nation.
>> I also don't believe in quoting fictional TV programs as proof of
>> governmental misdeeds
>>

> Okay, then's how this one for size?
>
> http://www.pnoa.org/gpssnooping.html

Well there you go. Now that GW and friends have gutted the Constitution
the coppers can bug your car without stinkin ON STAR. So enjoy the
benifits of your ON STAR knowing that everyone else is at the mercy of
our police state too.
Paul Elliot
2005-04-30 01:51:18 UTC
Saddlebag wrote:
> Bobbie the Triple Killer wrote:
>
>> Paul Elliot wrote:
>>
>>> Oh, wonderful! Another stellar ruling from the most overturned
>>> appellate court in the nation.
>>> I also don't believe in quoting fictional TV programs as proof of
>>> governmental misdeeds.
>>>
>>> "Bobbie the Triple Killer" <***@telus.net> wrote in message

>>> Oh, wonderful! Another stellar ruling from the most overturned
>>> appellate court in the nation.
>>> I also don't believe in quoting fictional TV programs as proof of
>>> governmental misdeeds
>>>

>> Okay, then's how this one for size?
>>
>> http://www.pnoa.org/gpssnooping.html
>

> Well there you go. Now that GW and friends have gutted the Constitution
> the coppers can bug your car without stinkin ON STAR. So enjoy the
> benifits of your ON STAR knowing that everyone else is at the mercy of
> our police state too.

OK. If the tinfoil hat fits, wear it!
:-P

wine.
Turby
2005-04-29 16:25:25 UTC
On Fri, 29 Apr 2005 05:13:04 GMT, "Paul Elliot"
<***@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

>Oh, wonderful! Another stellar ruling from the most overturned appellate
>court in the nation.
>I also don't believe in quoting fictional TV programs as proof of
>governmental misdeeds.
>
>"Bobbie the Triple Killer" <***@telus.net> wrote in message
>> Paul Elliot wrote:

>>> Really? Can you cite the incidents?
>>>
>> Try this:
>> http://news.com.com/2100-1029_3-5109435.html
>>
>Oh, wonderful! Another stellar ruling from the most overturned appellate
>court in the nation.
>I also don't believe in quoting fictional TV programs as proof of
>governmental misdeeds

I think you missed the point. The FBI has already tried to snoop using
Onstar. No, it wasn't without warrant, or necessarily a "misdeed", but
considering blanket warrants and the Patriot Act, it is a bit scary.

"In a split 2-1 ruling the majority wrote that "the company could not
assist the FBI without disabling the system in the monitored car" and
said a district judge was wrong to have granted the FBI its request
for surreptitious monitoring."

Turby the Turbosurfer
Ben Kaufman
2005-04-29 12:14:42 UTC
On 28 Apr 2005 08:58:15 -0700, "Tim Kreitz" <***@yahoo.com> wrote:

>Paul Elliot wrote:
>> I think you guys are all getting just a tad paranoid.
>> ;-)
>
>Not really. There have already been several documented cases of the FBI
>misusing the OnStar transponders without warrant.
>
>__
>Tim Kreitz
>2003 ZX7R
>2000 ZX6R
>DoD #2184
>http://www.timkreitz.com

That's not bad considering the Patriot Act allows them to insert them rectally.

Ben
Andrew
2005-04-28 18:31:46 UTC
Paul Elliot wrote:
> Greek Shipping Magnets wrote:
>
>> On Wed, 27 Apr 2005 16:21:43 GMT, Paul Elliot <***@sbcglobal.net>
>> wrote:
>>

>>> Believe it or not, I really don't give a shit if they listen or not!
>>> I already have a file with the FBI and the NSA so what? My life is so
>>> boring, whoever is listening is probably sound asleep.
>>

>> Man, I'm sure if they ever get that cloning thing off the ground the
>> government will want plenty of yous. While the rest of us quietly
>> disappear.
>>
>> I hardly say anything worth listening to in the car as well. But it
>> was annoying trying to adjust the mirror on my rental GM product and
>> getting a live person asking me if I'm ok and still alive just because
>> I accidently hit the button. Who the fuck invited someone into my car?
>>
>> I consider it sinister for a company to install what is essentially a
>> tracking/bugging device, one which violates many state and federal
>> laws, but not, because they tell you about it in the fine print
>> therefore you have "agreed" to it's use.
>>
>> I don't like that kind of submission. Where actions taken as a result
>> of need (buying a set of wheels to get from A to B) results in all
>> kinds of additional shit I didn't want (like 24/7 surveillance of my
>> whereabouts). What's next? Submitting your DNA to Homeland Security in
>> order to get approved for a mortgage?
>>
>> "Oh it's not compulsory, you could just do without owning a roof over
>> your head!"
>>
>> Just make sure you don't drive that Saturn of yours someplace where a
>> crime happened to take place. Cause then the authorities might pull
>> your travel logs and prove that you were there and left the scene. And
>> I'm sure while Bubba is giving it to you in the ass, you'll fondly
>> remember this time when you so casually brushed it off as a non issue.
>

> I think you guys are all getting just a tad paranoid.
> ;-)

Actually, I think this is a pretty big issue.
What if onstar decides to report to your insurance co (or any gov't org)
where you go, how fast you travel, etc.?

I wouldn't want it in my car. I have a cellphone, that's good enough.

--

Andrew
00 Daytona
RCOS #7
Henry
2005-04-29 00:10:55 UTC
Andrew wrote:
> Paul Elliot wrote:

>> I think you guys are all getting just a tad paranoid.
>> ;-)

> Actually, I think this is a pretty big issue.

Yep. Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean
they aren't out to get ya....

--

"Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that
matter." -- Martin Luther King Jr.

"God told me to strike at al Qaeda and I struck them. And then
he instructed me to strike at Saddam, which I did."
-- George W. Bush

"Hence today I believe that I am acting in accordance with the
will of the Almighty Creator: by defending myself against the
Jew, I am fighting for the work of the Lord."
-- Adolf Hitler

"The tsunami was a wonderful opportunity to show not just the
US government, but the heart of the American people, and I think
it has paid great dividends for us." Condoleezza Rice

"One of the things we don't want to do is destroy the
infrastructure in Iraq because in a few days we're going
to own that country," - Tom Brokaw

Cost of probing Bill Clinton's sex life: $65 million.
Cost of probing the Columbia shuttle disaster: $50 million.
Funds assigned to independent Sept. 11 panel: $3 million.

http://www.commondreams.org/
http://www.truthout.org/
http://thirdworldtraveler.com/
http://counterpunch.org/
http://responsiblewealth.org/

or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is
not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable
to the American public."
-- Theodore Roosevelt (1918)

"You know, when bu$h said that he's against nation building,
I didn't realize that he meant only the United States"
-- Al Franken

Don't let bu$h do to the United States what his very close
friend and top campaign contributor, Ken Lay, did to Enron...
Keith Schiffner
2005-04-29 00:38:08 UTC
"Henry" <"stopbu$h"@warcrimes.gov> wrote in
message news:***@warcrimes.gov...

GINGE!
Henry
2005-04-29 01:06:50 UTC
Keith Schiffner wrote:
> "Henry" <"stopbu$h"@warcrimes.gov> wrote in

> > Yep. Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean
> > they aren't out to get ya....

> GINGE!

What?

--

"Evil prevails when good people do nothing."

"Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things
that matter." -- Martin Luther King Jr.

"God told me to strike at al Qaeda and I struck them. And then
he instructed me to strike at Saddam, which I did."
-- George W. Bush

"Hence today I believe that I am acting in accordance with the
will of the Almighty Creator: by defending myself against the
Jew, I am fighting for the work of the Lord."
-- Adolf Hitler

"Brutal and sadistic? By what girly-man standards? Compared
to how Saddam treated his prisoners, a bit of humiliation was
a walk in the park. AFAIK, No one died or even lost any blood."
-Albert Nurick, a usenet kook, on the rape, torture and murder
at bu$h's Abu Ghraib prison in Iraq.
(http://www.commondreams.org/headlines04/0512-10.htm)

George W. Bush: "Intelligence gathered by this and other
governments leaves no doubt that the Iraq regime continues
to possess and conceal some of the most lethal weapons ever
devised." March 17, 2003.

Andrew
2005-04-29 04:49:56 UTC
Henry wrote:
> Keith Schiffner wrote:
>
>>"Henry" <"stopbu$h"@warcrimes.gov> wrote in
>

>>> Yep. Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean
>>>they aren't out to get ya....
>

>>GINGE!
>

> What?

<raises hand...>
yeah what he said.

--
Andrew
00 Daytona
RCOS #7
Keith Schiffner
2005-04-30 00:51:31 UTC
"Andrew" <***@nospam.hotmail.com>
wrote in message
> Henry wrote:
>> Keith Schiffner wrote:
>>
>>>"Henry" <"stopbu$h"@warcrimes.gov> wrote in

>>>GINGE!
>>
>> What?
>>

> <raises hand...>
> yeah what he said.

<SLAPS FOREHEAD>
YTC'S! Go to UKRMC and ask THEM. 8^) I did warn
you though...free hint "JINX" but their
description is so far more colourful.

Bruno
2005-04-29 01:23:06 UTC
On Thu, 28 Apr 2005 20:10:55 -0400, Henry wrote:

> Yep. Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean
>they aren't out to get ya....

Or:

You'd be paranoid too if everyone was out to get you.

--
This message has been automatically generated
by Virtual Usenet Client © version 1.3.
intended for entertainment purposes only.
Paul Cassel
2005-04-28 19:12:37 UTC
Paul Elliot wrote:

> I think you guys are all getting just a tad paranoid.
> ;-)

I think you are a passive fool who fits the model of the boiled frog.
Keep smiling. The government loves you. It will take care of you. You
never need to think ever again. All is fine. The democrats and
republicans are there to protect you. Have faith. Look happy. Be calm.
Paul Elliot
2005-04-29 05:22:34 UTC
"Paul Cassel" <***@comcast.net> wrote in message
> Paul Elliot wrote:
>

>> I think you guys are all getting just a tad paranoid.
>> ;-)
>>
> I think you are a passive fool who fits the model of the boiled frog. Keep
> smiling. The government loves you. It will take care of you. You never
> need to think ever again. All is fine. The democrats and republicans are
> there to protect you. Have faith. Look happy. Be calm.

Nope, I certainly don't trust them. I am realistic enough to know that
OnStar's proven usefulness in emergencies far out weighs the supposed
"threat" from "Big Brother". If for some reason I've done something to draw
THAT much attention, I already have my dick in the wringer....
They already know that I'm a Life member of the NRA and if they want to play
"Ruby Ridge"....bring 'em ON! I qualified expert on every weapon I used in
the Army, all the way up to 105mm.

wine.
Keith Schiffner
2005-04-30 01:03:05 UTC

> "Paul Cassel" <***@comcast.net> wrote
> in message
>> Paul Elliot wrote:
>>

>>> I think you guys are all getting just a tad
>>> paranoid.
>>> ;-)
>>>
>> I think you are a passive fool who fits the
>> model of the boiled frog. Keep smiling. The
>> government loves you. It will take care of you.
>> You never need to think ever again. All is
>> fine. The democrats and republicans are there
>> to protect you. Have faith. Look happy. Be
>> calm.
>
> Nope, I certainly don't trust them. I am
> realistic enough to know that OnStar's proven
> usefulness in emergencies far out weighs the
> supposed "threat" from "Big Brother". If for
> some reason I've done something to draw THAT
> much attention, I already have my dick in the
> wringer....
> They already know that I'm a Life member of the
> NRA and if they want to play "Ruby
> Ridge"....bring 'em ON! I qualified expert on
> every weapon I used in the Army, all the way up
> to 105mm.

What a shame you never qualified on a REAL gun
bunnies piece. REAL artillerymen quailfy on a
M110A2.

Paul Elliot
2005-04-30 02:09:45 UTC
Keith Schiffner wrote:
> "Paul Elliot" <***@sbcglobal.net> wrote in
> message
>
>>"Paul Cassel" <***@comcast.net> wrote
>>in message

>>>I think you are a passive fool who fits the
>>>model of the boiled frog. Keep smiling. The
>>>government loves you. It will take care of you.
>>>You never need to think ever again. All is
>>>fine. The democrats and republicans are there
>>>to protect you. Have faith. Look happy. Be
>>>calm.
>>
>>Nope, I certainly don't trust them. I am
>>realistic enough to know that OnStar's proven
>>usefulness in emergencies far out weighs the
>>supposed "threat" from "Big Brother". If for
>>some reason I've done something to draw THAT
>>much attention, I already have my dick in the
>>wringer....
>>They already know that I'm a Life member of the
>>NRA and if they want to play "Ruby
>>Ridge"....bring 'em ON! I qualified expert on
>>every weapon I used in the Army, all the way up
>>to 105mm.
>

> What a shame you never qualified on a REAL gun
> bunnies piece. REAL artillerymen quailfy on a
> M110A2.

Nah! I ain't no canon-cocker, I'm an 11E40R Genuine Tanker. M60A1. No
lasers, no stabilisation. Old school. Only 'lectronics on that baby was
the radio! Oh, and some kind of crypto-box scrambler thingie what
belonged to the NSA.

Clankety-clank, I'm a tank!

wine.
Keith Schiffner
2005-04-30 03:30:16 UTC
"Paul Elliot"

SNIP

> Nah! I ain't no canon-cocker, I'm an 11E40R
> Genuine Tanker. M60A1. No lasers, no
> stabilisation. Old school. Only 'lectronics on
> that baby was the radio! Oh, and some kind of
> crypto-box scrambler thingie what belonged to
> the NSA.
>
> Clankety-clank, I'm a tank!

Yummy! Hard targets that POP! Ever seen what a 8"
does to little things like those? My last gun crew
(85-85) we did a 13min hip shoot steel on target
first round out. 8^) Tank? What tank ain't no tank
there...that was a DAMN good battery. It may have
been teh Nasty Girls but in 30+ years shooting at
Ft. Sill they NEVER put a round out of the impact
area.
I wont mention watching a M1A1 crew MISS the
back stop on Ft. Hood...that was at Table 8. They
never did live that one down nor did ANY of the
armor officers live down the fact that our BN NBC
officer was getting some command time with a
platoon and during qualifying shot a combined
day/night for a perfect 1,000. I was under the
impression that whilst gambling is strictly
verboten, a substansial amount of something or
other resembling cash exchanged hands between
company commanders. Don't get me started on Ft.
Irwin...went there so many times I got to know it
better than OPFOR did. (how anyone can get lost
there is beyond me, misorintated yes. Lost? Not
likely)
--
Keith Schiffner
b***@my-deja.com
2005-04-28 23:39:15 UTC
Paul Elliot wrote:
> Greek Shipping Magnets wrote:
> > On Wed, 27 Apr 2005 16:21:43 GMT, Paul Elliot
<***@sbcglobal.net>
> > wrote:
> >

> >>Believe it or not, I really don't give a shit if they listen or
not! I
> >>already have a file with the FBI and the NSA so what? My life is so

> >>boring, whoever is listening is probably sound asleep.
> >

> > Man, I'm sure if they ever get that cloning thing off the ground
the
> > government will want plenty of yous. While the rest of us quietly
> > disappear.
> >
> > I hardly say anything worth listening to in the car as well. But it
> > was annoying trying to adjust the mirror on my rental GM product
and
> > getting a live person asking me if I'm ok and still alive just
because
> > I accidently hit the button. Who the fuck invited someone into my
car?

> > I consider it sinister for a company to install what is essentially
> > tracking/bugging device, one which violates many state and federal
> > laws, but not, because they tell you about it in the fine print
> > therefore you have "agreed" to it's use.
> >
> > I don't like that kind of submission. Where actions taken as a
result
> > of need (buying a set of wheels to get from A to B) results in all
> > kinds of additional shit I didn't want (like 24/7 surveillance of
my
> > whereabouts). What's next? Submitting your DNA to Homeland Security
in
> > order to get approved for a mortgage?
> >
> > "Oh it's not compulsory, you could just do without owning a roof
over
> > your head!"
> >
> > Just make sure you don't drive that Saturn of yours someplace where
> > crime happened to take place. Cause then the authorities might pull
> > your travel logs and prove that you were there and left the scene.
And
> > I'm sure while Bubba is giving it to you in the ass, you'll fondly
> > remember this time when you so casually brushed it off as a non
issue.

> I think you guys are all getting just a tad paranoid.
> ;-)

Just because you're paranoid, it doesn't mean they aren't out to get
you.
Paul Calman
2005-04-28 16:16:13 UTC
> I accidently hit the button. Who the fuck invited someone into my car?

You did, and you paid for it.
Paul Calman, Hathaway Pines, California
Paul Cassel
2005-04-28 19:10:53 UTC
Greek Shipping Magnets wrote:

Good post. I think it perhaps the most depressing factoid of our time
that folks don't object to this. When I rented a car recently, and was
given a GM POS, I said I'd not take it partly due to onstar and partly
because all GM products are such POS.

The rental agent apologized and gave me a Hyundai. I know folks buy GM
for two reasons. The first is the old farts who remember that Buick was
good in 1948 and haven't adjusted their thinking on ANYTHING since then.

The other is GMAC which will finance anybody. However, the way they
cheat the suckers who finance with GMAC is shameful. If it weren't for
GMAC, GM itself would have crashed and burned years ago.
Bill Walker
2005-04-28 19:27:44 UTC
> Greek Shipping Magnets wrote:
>
> Good post. I think it perhaps the most depressing factoid of our time
> that folks don't object to this. When I rented a car recently, and was
> given a GM POS, I said I'd not take it partly due to onstar and partly
> because all GM products are such POS.
>
> The rental agent apologized and gave me a Hyundai. I know folks buy GM
> for two reasons. The first is the old farts who remember that Buick was
> good in 1948 and haven't adjusted their thinking on ANYTHING since then.
>
> The other is GMAC which will finance anybody. However, the way they
> cheat the suckers who finance with GMAC is shameful. If it weren't for
> GMAC, GM itself would have crashed and burned years ago.

Interestingly enough.. I bought my wife a new Eldo in '91.. She loves that
car.. Late last year, it commenced having some problems.. Took it to my
dealer, Moritz Cadillac in Arlington, Tx. and commenced the trade process
with a couple of little sales guys..

One of the features they were so proud of was the "On Star" gizmo.. Sheesh..
the price on that Cadillac was just under $40,000 .. When I asked how to get
one without the On Star deal, they looked at me, like I had just insulted
them.. When I asked how to disconnect it, they both went blank..

I decided .. then and there.. I could spend about ten percent of what they
wanted for their new car, and restore the '91 Eldo.. that I already owned..
So far, everything under the hood is new or rebuilt.. I am looking at $2,000
for a paint job and another $1,000 for the interior.. There are some minor
expenses with the suspension and it's finished.. From the ground up.. that
little Eldo will be like new.. I don't have no freakin' tracking device to
keep tabs on me, either..

Bill Walker
Irving, Tx.

dg
2005-04-28 19:35:52 UTC
"Paul Cassel" <***@comcast.net> wrote in message
> Greek Shipping Magnets wrote:
>
> Good post. I think it perhaps the most depressing factoid of our time that
> folks don't object to this. When I rented a car recently, and was given a
> GM POS, I said I'd not take it partly due to onstar and partly because all
> GM products are such POS.

I wonder if there is a fuse you can remove that will disable onstar but not
effect much else, or anything else?

--Dan
Bill Walker
2005-04-28 20:03:21 UTC
"dg" <***@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> "Paul Cassel" <***@comcast.net> wrote in message
> > Greek Shipping Magnets wrote:
> >
> > Good post. I think it perhaps the most depressing factoid of our time
that
> > folks don't object to this. When I rented a car recently, and was given
> > GM POS, I said I'd not take it partly due to onstar and partly because
all
> > GM products are such POS.
>
> I wonder if there is a fuse you can remove that will disable onstar but
not
> effect much else, or anything else?
>
> --Dan

I don't think so.. From what little I understand about the system, it is
integrated into the entire computer system of the car.. Any attempt to
disable it will result in disabling the various computers which control the
suspension, AC, transmission, etc. etc. It's actually not worth it.. When
you buy that car, you accept that you will be monitored, wherever you go and
how you make the trip..

Bill Walker
Irving, Tx.

Bruno
2005-04-28 21:32:12 UTC
On Thu, 28 Apr 2005 20:03:21 GMT, Bill Walker wrote:

>I don't think so.. From what little I understand about the system, it is
>integrated into the entire computer system of the car..

Ah! That explains how Pierce Brosnan was able to remote control the
big FBI Chevy Suburban in the movie "After the Sunset". I knew there
had to be a good explanation!

Odinn
2005-04-29 00:18:39 UTC
Onstar can be disabled without disabling all the electronics in the car.

http://www.cadillacfaq.com/faq/answers/onstardisable/

--
Odinn
RCOS #7

"The more I study religions the more I am convinced that man never
worshipped anything but himself." -- Sir Richard Francis Burton

Reeky's unofficial homepage ... http://www.reeky.org
'03 FLHTI ........... http://www.sloanclan.org/gallery/ElectraGlide
'97 VN1500D ......... http://www.sloanclan.org/gallery/VulcanClassic
Atlanta Biker Net ... http://www.atlantabiker.net
Vulcan Riders Assoc . http://www.vulcanriders.org

rot13 to reply
Keith Schiffner
2005-04-29 00:40:20 UTC
"Odinn" <***@ngynagnovxre.arg> wrote in message
> Onstar can be disabled without disabling all the
> electronics in the car.
>
> http://www.cadillacfaq.com/faq/answers/onstardisable/

Like anyone here would trust the maker on how to
disable the damned thing. The best solution is to
not have it installed in the first place. Then
again...ride a motorcycle and you wont have to
worry. Ride an OLDER bike and there's no place for
their little black box reader to plug in. 8^)
Suddenly I'm SO glad that I ride an older
motorcycle.
Odinn
2005-04-29 01:23:55 UTC
Keith Schiffner wrote:
> "Odinn" <***@ngynagnovxre.arg> wrote in message
>
>>Onstar can be disabled without disabling all the
>>electronics in the car.
>>
>>http://www.cadillacfaq.com/faq/answers/onstardisable/
>>

> Like anyone here would trust the maker on how to
> disable the damned thing. The best solution is to
> not have it installed in the first place. Then
> again...ride a motorcycle and you wont have to
> worry. Ride an OLDER bike and there's no place for
> their little black box reader to plug in. 8^)
> Suddenly I'm SO glad that I ride an older
> motorcycle.

Well, considering the site isn't affiliated with GM or Cadillac, then I
guess you shouldn't have a problem with it :)

rot13 to reply
Paul Elliot
2005-04-29 05:27:39 UTC
"Keith Schiffner" <***@3rivers.net> wrote in message

> "Odinn" <***@ngynagnovxre.arg> wrote in message
>> Onstar can be disabled without disabling all the electronics in the car.
>>
>> http://www.cadillacfaq.com/faq/answers/onstardisable/
>>

> Like anyone here would trust the maker on how to disable the damned thing.
> The best solution is to not have it installed in the first place. Then
> again...ride a motorcycle and you wont have to worry. Ride an OLDER bike
> and there's no place for their little black box reader to plug in. 8^)
> Suddenly I'm SO glad that I ride an older motorcycle.
> --
> Keith Schiffner
> RCOS #7
> Assistant to the Assistant Undersecretary of the Ministry of Silly Walks.
> "terrorist organization" is a redundancy

Damn! I just knew there was a good reason for riding 28yr BMWs....

wine.
Paul Elliot
2005-04-29 05:26:21 UTC
"Bruno" <***@notaserver.com> wrote in message
> On Thu, 28 Apr 2005 20:03:21 GMT, Bill Walker wrote:
>
>>I don't think so.. From what little I understand about the system, it is
>>integrated into the entire computer system of the car..
>
> Ah! That explains how Pierce Brosnan was able to remote control the
> big FBI Chevy Suburban in the movie "After the Sunset". I knew there
> had to be a good explanation!
>
> --
> This message has been automatically generated
> by Virtual Usenet Client © version 1.3.
> Its contents are purely fictitious and are
> intended for entertainment purposes only.

Ah yes! Once again Hollywood is the standard of reality!
Keep your tin hats on! Where's Phil?....
wine.
Kitchen Man
2005-04-29 15:51:26 UTC
On Fri, 29 Apr 2005 05:26:21 GMT, "Paul Elliot"
<***@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

>"Bruno" <***@notaserver.com> wrote in message
>> On Thu, 28 Apr 2005 20:03:21 GMT, Bill Walker wrote:
>>
>>>I don't think so.. From what little I understand about the system, it is
>>>integrated into the entire computer system of the car..
>>
>> Ah! That explains how Pierce Brosnan was able to remote control the
>> big FBI Chevy Suburban in the movie "After the Sunset". I knew there
>> had to be a good explanation!
>>

>Ah yes! Once again Hollywood is the standard of reality!
>Keep your tin hats on! Where's Phil?....

And once again, Reeky is the standard of humor comprehension!

--
Al Brennan - owl tuna at hot mail dot com
http://www.xmission.com/~tiger885/motorbike/NART/nart.html
jim rozen
2005-04-28 22:15:02 UTC
In article <dkbce.4641$***@trnddc01>, Bill Walker says...

>I don't think so.. From what little I understand about the system, it is
>integrated into the entire computer system of the car.. Any attempt to
>disable it will result in disabling the various computers which control the
>suspension, AC, transmission, etc. etc.

Vehicles should not have software.

Full stop.

Jim

please reply to:
Bill Walker
2005-04-29 02:00:42 UTC
> In article <dkbce.4641$***@trnddc01>, Bill Walker says...
>
> >I don't think so.. From what little I understand about the system, it is
> >integrated into the entire computer system of the car.. Any attempt to
> >disable it will result in disabling the various computers which control
the
> >suspension, AC, transmission, etc. etc.
>
> Vehicles should not have software.
>
> Full stop.
>
> Jim

I'm still trying to count all the damn computers on a '91 Eldo.. The only
thing it don't have is the On Star bullshit.. That is one reason, I decided
to restore it.. Course the prices on these new ones had something to do with
it, also..

At any rate.. I don't like the idea that someone is "watching".. I don't
need a gizmo to tell me where I'm going or if I'm in trouble.. Thanks .. but
I can figure all that out, on my own.. I don't need someone to figure out
how fast I'm driving or how many stops I make on my trip.. Forget it..

If I want anyone to know those details, I will voluntarily share them ..
hmmm.. Maybe that is just a personal issue with me.. Besides I kinda like
this little Eldo anyway.. hey .. it's the last year they did that body
style.. and it is one sweet little touring car..

Bill Walker
Irving, Tx.

Dog Exhaust
2005-04-30 03:00:08 UTC
"Bill Walker" <***@verizon.net> wrote in message
> It's actually not worth it.. When
> you buy that car, you accept that you will be monitored, wherever you go
and
> how you make the trip..

If the FBI wanted to watch your criminal ass flee, they don't need OnStar.
Fuggem, be a man. Follow the lead of the great state of Florida and shower
'em with lead. They just past the laws that allow good gun onweers to shoot
now and aks questions later. No duty to retrreat. My question is when will
the other states wake up and follow our lead.

Yeah, Brother!

Bill Walker
2005-04-30 12:25:46 UTC
"Dog Exhaust" <***@attbi_remove_.com> wrote in message

> "Bill Walker" <***@verizon.net> wrote in message
> > It's actually not worth it.. When
> > you buy that car, you accept that you will be monitored, wherever you go
> and
> > how you make the trip..
>
> If the FBI wanted to watch your criminal ass flee, they don't need OnStar.
> Fuggem, be a man. Follow the lead of the great state of Florida and
shower
> 'em with lead. They just past the laws that allow good gun onweers to
shoot
> now and aks questions later. No duty to retrreat. My question is when
will
> the other states wake up and follow our lead.
>
> Yeah, Brother!

I'm for it.. When those well armed Floridians wipe out each other, maybe the
ones that are left can get together and figure out how to conduct an
election.. hmmm.. They might determine that they shouldn't build elaborate
estates in areas where hurricanes will surely destroy them within a
reasonable amount of time.. American taxpayers have subsidized Florida
several times during the past decade..

Bill Walker
Irving, Tx.

AZ Rider
2005-04-28 21:24:26 UTC
dg wrote:

> I wonder if there is a fuse you can remove that will disable onstar
but not
> effect much else, or anything else?

Dan, a quick browse through the web shows plenty of websites dedicated
to hacking into the OnStar system, including how to disable the
communications and how to reroute the GPS output.

Seems there a lott of people interested in modifiying their own OnStar
systems....

AZ Rider
Saddlebag
2005-04-29 00:58:45 UTC
Paul Cassel wrote:

> The other is GMAC which will finance anybody. However, the way they
> cheat the suckers who finance with GMAC is shameful.

I financed with GMAC after I took 10% off the price then cashed in $3000
worth of GM Card bonus dollars. I've been "cheated" into paying 0%
interest for the last three years. The "shame" of it all!

Tell me all about the great incentives Honda and Toyota offer.
Tim Morrow
2005-04-29 01:19:34 UTC
Saddlebag wrote:

> Paul Cassel wrote:
>
> > The other is GMAC which will finance anybody. However, the way they
> > cheat the suckers who finance with GMAC is shameful.
>
> I financed with GMAC after I took 10% off the price then cashed in $3000
> worth of GM Card bonus dollars. I've been "cheated" into paying 0%
> interest for the last three years. The "shame" of it all!
>
> Tell me all about the great incentives Honda and Toyota offer.

You don't understand. This is the "Trash everything American Newsgroup," aka
Reeky. No one wants to hear that I bought a 1988 Chevy Beretta brand new with
zero delivery defects and never had a single mechanical failure with it. No one
wants to know that I had the exact same experience with a 1999 GMC Silverado
pick-up truck that I beat hell out of, putting over 47,000 high speed miles on
it in less than two years, towing a 17-foot enclosed race trailer all up and
down the east coast on I-95 in heavy traffic, nor that I had the exact same
experience with its replacement, a 2000 GMC Silverado which I recently sold with
60,000 trouble free miles on it. No one wants to hear that I just took a 1990
Chevy 454SS out of 15 years wet storage and have been driving it a year with....
zero delivery defects and not a single mechanical failure with it.

Nope, those were all anomalous experiences. Just as the many, many (warrantied)
electrical problems I had in the three years and 17,000 miles I put on my 2001
BMW Z3 Coupe before I sold it to some sucker two weeks ago.

Otoh, the fact that I've had exactly TWO problems with my 2004 Harley Davidson
Road Glide in the same 17,000 miles (both of which were fixed quickly and
expertly, for free, under warranty, without having to go back to have the work
redone - unlike the BMW) is PROOF here in Reeky that Harley builds crap
motorcycles that aren't worth buying.

No, I'm just an example of one of those people whose experiences are exactly the
opposite of real life. As, apparently, are you.

Luckily, all the "trash American products" mentality that infests Reeky also
infects the yuppies in northern Virginia, so I was able to buy a one owner 2000
Ford Taurus SE with 55,000 documented miles, leather interior, 24-valve V6,
4-speed auto overdrive, power seats, front and side airbags, Mach 1 6-CD
surround sound stereo, power adjustable pedals, power windows, power seats,
power door locks, power mirrors, intermittent wipers, rear window defogger,
remote entry, alloy wheels, a/c, cruise control, tilt & telescoping steering
wheel, full gauges, AND trip computer that had never been in an accident, had
had all regularly scheduled maintenance performed on it, that needed only a CV
boot and an oil pan gasket, for $5,500 as my daughter's first car. For twice
that amount in this area, I could have gotten a nice 100,000 mile Honda Accord
or Toyota Camry.

--
Tim Morrow, Herndon, Virginia
'04 FLTRI Road Glide
http://www.reeky.org/gallery/Tim
Stephen!
2005-04-29 02:29:40 UTC
Tim Morrow <***@erols.com> wrote in news:***@erols.com:

> Harley builds crap motorcycles that aren't worth buying.

Funny... I never expected that from you...

;)

--
RCOS #7
IBA# 11465
http://imagesdesavions.com
Tim Morrow
2005-04-30 00:43:35 UTC
"Stephen!" wrote:

> Tim Morrow <***@erols.com> wrote in news:***@erols.com:
>
> > Harley builds crap motorcycles that aren't worth buying.
>
> Funny... I never expected that from you...

Keep reading. Prepared to be surprised again. I am a laugh a minute.

Bruno
2005-04-29 01:24:32 UTC
On Thu, 28 Apr 2005 20:58:45 -0400, Saddlebag wrote:

>Tell me all about the great incentives Honda and Toyota offer.

How about... quality cars?

Tim Morrow
2005-04-29 01:51:27 UTC
Bruno wrote:

> On Thu, 28 Apr 2005 20:58:45 -0400, Saddlebag wrote:
>
> >Tell me all about the great incentives Honda and Toyota offer.
>
> How about... quality cars?

You haven't been keeping up with the news: everyone makes quality cars today.

Stephen!
2005-04-29 02:31:32 UTC

>>Tell me all about the great incentives Honda and Toyota offer.
>
> How about... quality cars?

*sigh*... My 14 year old 1-Ton Nissan with over 150,000 tropical island
miles on it ate its timing belt today...

Damn I hope it didn't destroy too many pistons...

--
RCOS #7
IBA# 11465
http://imagesdesavions.com
Bobbie the Triple Killer
2005-04-29 17:05:40 UTC
Stephen! wrote:
> Bruno <***@notaserver.com> wrote in
>

>>>Tell me all about the great incentives Honda and Toyota offer.
>>
>>How about... quality cars?
>

> *sigh*... My 14 year old 1-Ton Nissan with over 150,000 tropical island
> miles on it ate its timing belt today...
>
> Damn I hope it didn't destroy too many pistons...

I don't think those Nissan used interference engines back then so with
luck you should be fine.

--Douglas Adams
Troy the Troll
2005-04-29 01:29:15 UTC
"Saddlebag" <***@example.net> wrote in message
> Paul Cassel wrote:
>
>> The other is GMAC which will finance anybody. However, the way they cheat
>> the suckers who finance with GMAC is shameful.
>
> I financed with GMAC after I took 10% off the price then cashed in $3000
> worth of GM Card bonus dollars. I've been "cheated" into paying 0%
> interest for the last three years. The "shame" of it all!

What GMC clunker did you get? Is this the Yukon for the wife?

> Tell me all about the great incentives Honda and Toyota offer.

I got an invoice price and 3.9% for more than 3 years...it wasn't as good as
what Ford gives me, but I figure I'd pay the extra couple points for a much
better vehicle.
Saddlebag
2005-04-29 01:33:37 UTC

Envoy
Troy the Troll
2005-04-29 02:00:20 UTC
> Troy the Troll wrote:
>> "Saddlebag" <***@example.net> wrote in message

>>>I financed with GMAC after I took 10% off the price then cashed in $3000
>>>worth of GM Card bonus dollars. I've been "cheated" into paying 0%
>>>interest for the last three years. The "shame" of it all!
>>

>> What GMC clunker did you get? Is this the Yukon for the wife?
>
> Envoy

You got more balls than me...after the first two Fords, I still look askance
at the new Mustang...figuring its just a matter of time....

( of course I don't say this aloud in front of the Mustang for fear it will
offend it and then it will pick the least opportune time to pull a
"domestic" on me )
Tim Morrow
2005-04-29 01:51:56 UTC
Troy the Troll wrote:

> "Saddlebag" <***@example.net> wrote in message
> > Paul Cassel wrote:
> >
> >> The other is GMAC which will finance anybody. However, the way they cheat
> >> the suckers who finance with GMAC is shameful.
> >
> > I financed with GMAC after I took 10% off the price then cashed in $3000
> > worth of GM Card bonus dollars. I've been "cheated" into paying 0%
> > interest for the last three years. The "shame" of it all!
>
> What GMC clunker did you get? Is this the Yukon for the wife?
>

> > Tell me all about the great incentives Honda and Toyota offer.
>
> I got an invoice price and 3.9% for more than 3 years...it wasn't as good as
> what Ford gives me, but I figure I'd pay the extra couple points for a much
> better vehicle.

Good figuring.

Paul Elliot
2005-04-29 05:30:51 UTC
"Saddlebag" <***@example.net> wrote in message
> Paul Cassel wrote:
>
>> The other is GMAC which will finance anybody. However, the way they cheat
>> the suckers who finance with GMAC is shameful.
>
> I financed with GMAC after I took 10% off the price then cashed in $3000
> worth of GM Card bonus dollars. I've been "cheated" into paying 0%
> interest for the last three years. The "shame" of it all!
>
> Tell me all about the great incentives Honda and Toyota offer.

Yeah, ditto! 0% is such a rip-off. I've been paying that on my 2004 Saturn
Vue V6 AWD for a year and a half now. Still love it and it has no OnStar
(that's in the wife's Relay).

--
PC Paul
http://photos.yahoo.com/paul1cart

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.
Benjamin Franklin
Paul Elliot
2005-04-29 05:24:06 UTC
"Paul Cassel" <***@comcast.net> wrote in message
> Greek Shipping Magnets wrote:
>
> Good post. I think it perhaps the most depressing factoid of our time that
> folks don't object to this. When I rented a car recently, and was given a
> GM POS, I said I'd not take it partly due to onstar and partly because all
> GM products are such POS.
>
> The rental agent apologized and gave me a Hyundai. I know folks buy GM for
> two reasons. The first is the old farts who remember that Buick was good
> in 1948 and haven't adjusted their thinking on ANYTHING since then.
>
> The other is GMAC which will finance anybody. However, the way they cheat
> the suckers who finance with GMAC is shameful. If it weren't for GMAC, GM
> itself would have crashed and burned years ago.

Isn't Hyundai partly owned by GM as well?

wine.
Polarhound
2005-04-29 11:39:26 UTC

Geo Trackers use many Suzuki parts.
Troy the Troll
2005-04-29 14:50:25 UTC
>> Isn't Hyundai partly owned by GM as well?
>>

> Geo Trackers use many Suzuki parts.

Geo Trackers WERE Suzuki's.....GM couldn't build a small, reliable,
efficient SUV like that to save their lives. So they bought a Suzuki and
rebadged it a Geo. The Chevy Tracker is still a suzuki....built in canada if
I recall correctly.
Larry xlax Lovisone
2005-04-28 21:28:31 UTC
> I hardly say anything worth listening to in the car as well. But it
> was annoying trying to adjust the mirror on my rental GM product and
> getting a live person asking me if I'm ok and still alive just because
> I accidently hit the button. Who the fuck invited someone into my car?

It's OK Jr. Pudknocker... you get lonely again you can always hit the button
some more... hearing a live voice that cares about you will chase away your
lonely blues... I know it's not easy living alone...

Larry L
94 RC45 #2
Have a wheelie NICE day...
Lean & Mean it in every corner of your life...
If it wasn't for us the fast lane would rust...
V4'S are music to the seat of my pants...
1952 De Havilland Chipmunk...
Yank and bank your brains loose...
http://members.ebay.com/aboutme/-xlax-/
http://home.comcast.net/~netters2/
http://www.fox302.com/index.pl?s=vg&user=netters2
Stephen!
2005-04-29 02:18:35 UTC
Greek Shipping Magnets <***@x.x> wrote in

> I don't like that kind of submission. Where actions taken as a result
> of need (buying a set of wheels to get from A to B)

You are confusing "need" with "desire"...

--
RCOS #7
IBA# 11465
http://imagesdesavions.com
Greek Shipping Magnets
2005-04-29 13:57:56 UTC
On Fri, 29 Apr 2005 02:18:35 GMT, "Stephen!" <***@spam.com> wrote:

>> I don't like that kind of submission. Where actions taken as a result
>> of need (buying a set of wheels to get from A to B)
>

>You are confusing "need" with "desire"...

You're absolutely right! See I happen to live in one of the handful of
American cities with decent public transportation, built in a logical
grid array and on a human scale. For me a "long trip" is anything over
10 miles.

Unfortunately the rest of America is not like this. It involves huge
distances across desolate regions. I still remember that time me and
my friend broke down in his POS Nova in high school. Man, those exit
ramps which zip by in the cage are spaced so awfully far apart on
foot...

I'd hate to have to walk twelve of those exits just to get to work
every morning. I'd probably have to leave the week before. So if you
can figure out a way to tell me how people get around in the
boonsticks without involving motorised transportation, I'm all ears.

Until then STFU and stop parrotting this Homeland Security BS about
driving being a privelidge and therefore making it ok to add on all
kinds of nefarious legislation to my **GOD GIVEN RIGHT** to fossil
fueled high horsepower highway tomfoolery.

You think prying cold dead fingers is only for taking guns? Just try
to take the keys away from the American populace. Or telling them that
they do not own the road. Cause they do. Their taxes pay for it at
every turn. And the last time I looked paying for shit entitled me to
the enjoyment of its use. Would you go to a whorehouse where the
hookers took your money and made fun of your pathetically small penis?
Of course not. You pays your money and you gets your honey. And you
start bitchslapping till the pimp throws you out if you don't! That's
the American way. Fuck justice AND the law. That's un-American shit. I
did it because I could and nobody caught me. Why did George Washington
have wooden teeth? It made no sense at all but he could do it so he
got away with it. AND GOD BLESS AMERICA FOR THAT!

So all you GOP rightrobbing weenies can go sit in the corner with them
whiny bitch Liberals. Both of you need to go fuck yourselves.
Repeatedly. We did not invite you to our party and our idea of party
involves actual partying. Like it's nineteen fucking ninety-nine. And
that requires lots and lots of horsepower.

What's your idea of party? That flagwaving rarara bullshit where you
sit out in a crowd of your rube peers and listen to some conartist
peddling you the same lies his daddy told? That's not a party. That's
a bunch of people getting fucked in the ass without even realizing it.
At least in Woodstock you KNEW when you got you some. And you liked
it!

And speaking of sitting out in the hot sun amongst your peers, REAL
Americans don't have any. If you spot a peer then you kill or eat
them. Cause if you don't then they will kill or eat you. Why do you
think Americans are so fat? Competition leads to heartburn.

If you want all this touchy feely law and justice crap take it to
Europe. The Europeans were the ones whining about international law
when we invaded Iraq. As if breaking the law matters if you don't get
caught or nobody can do shit about it. Fucking Commies. Cornfed
American Commies! Who'da thunk? Hoover was right. They're out there
and they've infiltrated some of our finest institutions. They turned
all that small government Republican stuff into one of the bloatedest
pigs on planet earth.

You say you're in the military? Do they let you pick and choose which
colors you defend on any given day? I'll bet you always pick red you
GOP Cornfucking Commie!
AZ Rider
2005-04-29 14:51:42 UTC
Greek Shipping Magnets wrote:

> ... if you
> can figure out a way to tell me how people get around in the
> boonsticks without involving motorised transportation, I'm all ears.

Buy or rent a house close to where you work, or get a job close to
where you live.

Yeah, that was a tough one.

AZ Rider
sleazy
2005-04-29 15:38:14 UTC
On 29 Apr 2005 07:51:42 -0700, "AZ Rider" <***@gmail.com>
wrote:

>Greek Shipping Magnets wrote:
>
>> ... if you
>> can figure out a way to tell me how people get around in the
>> boonsticks without involving motorised transportation, I'm all ears.
>
>Buy or rent a house close to where you work, or get a job close to
>where you live.
>
>Yeah, that was a tough one.

Try doing it when a married couple work 80 miles in opposite
directions from the same house. Think before you speak.

______________
sleazy
1995 Triumph Trophy 1200 BRG
www.sleazyrider.org

Sarchasm: The gulf between the author of sarcastic wit and
the person who doesn't get it.
Kitchen Man
2005-04-29 15:59:14 UTC
On Fri, 29 Apr 2005 11:38:14 -0400, sleazy <***@know.where> wrote:

>Think before you speak.

I'm sorry, I'm afraid you have the wrong newsgroup.

AZ Rider
2005-04-29 21:53:55 UTC
sleazy wrote:
> On 29 Apr 2005 07:51:42 -0700, "AZ Rider" <***@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> >Greek Shipping Magnets wrote:
> >
> >> ... if you
> >> can figure out a way to tell me how people get around in the
> >> boonsticks without involving motorised transportation, I'm all
ears.

> >Buy or rent a house close to where you work, or get a job close to
> >where you live.
> >
> >Yeah, that was a tough one.
>
> Try doing it when a married couple work 80 miles in opposite
> directions from the same house. Think before you speak.

For every common sense approach to problem solving, there is a non
common sense exception that someone can make. It doesn't make good
sense for a married couple to have jobs located 160 miles apart. It
wouldn't be good for many marriages. Most people couldn't put up with
it. It doesn't happen with any regularity. There are lots of jobs and
lots of houses. Hell, there are lots of other people to marry. Not
everyone has to live 80 miles from where they work. Not everyone's
spouse has to work 80 miles in the other direction. Not everyone has
to be able to walk or ride a bicycle to work. In fact, in order to
save energy costs, not everyone has to have a fuel-efficient vehicle.
It only takes a fairly good percentage of people to make a fairly
significant energy saving change to have a huge impact.

Think before you speak.

AZ Rider
Kitchen Man
2005-04-29 15:49:11 UTC
wrote:

>Greek Shipping Magnets wrote:
>
>> ... if you
>> can figure out a way to tell me how people get around in the
>> boonsticks without involving motorised transportation, I'm all ears.
>
>Buy or rent a house close to where you work, or get a job close to
>where you live.

By most residential standards, I live very close to where I work,
about five miles. Taking public transportation would involve
stretching my work day plus commute to about 11.5 hours, up from 9.5
hours, in large part because the public transportation here is
inefficient and poorly conceived. Walking would involve a similar
increase, and the path from my home to my job is not pedestrian
friendly by any stretch of the imagination. Taking a bicycle is an
option, but the elevation gain on the way to the job is about 500
feet, and my employers have not seen fit to install showers and
dressing rooms at the place of business.

>Yeah, that was a tough one.

Yeah, it is a tough problem, isn't it?

Tim Morrow
2005-04-30 00:56:08 UTC
Kitchen Man wrote:

> On 29 Apr 2005 07:51:42 -0700, "AZ Rider" <***@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> >Greek Shipping Magnets wrote:
> >
> >> ... if you
> >> can figure out a way to tell me how people get around in the
> >> boonsticks without involving motorised transportation, I'm all ears.
> >
> >Buy or rent a house close to where you work, or get a job close to
> >where you live.
>
> By most residential standards, I live very close to where I work,
> about five miles. Taking public transportation would involve
> stretching my work day plus commute to about 11.5 hours, up from 9.5
> hours, in large part because the public transportation here is
> inefficient and poorly conceived. Walking would involve a similar
> increase, and the path from my home to my job is not pedestrian
> friendly by any stretch of the imagination. Taking a bicycle is an
> option, but the elevation gain on the way to the job is about 500
> feet, and my employers have not seen fit to install showers and
> dressing rooms at the place of business.
>
> >Yeah, that was a tough one.
>
> Yeah, it is a tough problem, isn't it?

Not everyone has the same job for their entire career nor lives in the same
house for their entire lives. So, when a person moves, or changes jobs, if a
person is interested in reducing their drive time, or their energy consumption,
or their frustration level in traffic, a person might want to consider giving
some weight to the effect that their decisions regarding their place of work and
or their place of habitation when making those decisions.

Such decisions might not always allow for eliminating driving a car. Such
decision might not always allow for taking public transportation. Such decision
might not always allow for riding a bike, or walking to work. Such decisions
might involve compromises such as deciding to purchase a smaller home that is
closer to work than a larger home for the same price in a more remote suburb.
Such decision might involve purchasing a home in a neighborhood that borders a
bicycle commuting greenway, whereby one might be able to ride ones bicycle to
work - if only occasionally, perhaps - rather than a competing neighborhood that
is cut off from the greenway by a busy, divided highway, for instance.

As long as energy is cheap and a small enough percentage of one's budget, such
decisions would logically carry less weight. However, many people will change
jobs, will move, will buy vehicles, etc., without ever taking into account the
energy costs of their decisions. As energy costs go up in this country, people
might be more inclined to consider the consequences of their job, homes, and
commuting decisions with more weight given the energy costs.

IOW, more and more people might well consider getting jobs closer to their
homes, or moving closer to their jobs.

You don't have to take it personally, though. No one is suggesting that you
have to move, or change jobs, or even that you've made bad decisions.

This message has been typed on a flame retardant keybored, for you reading
pleasure.

Kitchen Man
2005-04-30 01:37:39 UTC
On Fri, 29 Apr 2005 20:56:08 -0400, Tim Morrow <***@erols.com>
wrote:

>Not everyone has the same job for their entire career nor lives in the same
>house for their entire lives. So, when a person moves, or changes jobs, if a
>person is interested in reducing their drive time, or their energy consumption,
>or their frustration level in traffic, a person might want to consider giving
>some weight to the effect that their decisions regarding their place of work and
>or their place of habitation when making those decisions.

Funny you should mention that. For my new temporary lodging, I chose
an apartment based in large part on ease of commute. Buying a house
within walking distance of my new job location is out of the question,
as I don't care to live in a run-down single-wide in an industrial
zone. I will, however, minimize the drive to the best of my ability,
and maximize the weather factor in order to facilitate motorbike
commuting.

As with my home purchase of ten years ago, I will attempt to maximize
both energy efficiency and appeal of locale. And maybe a shrubbery,
one that looks nice, and not too expensive. And another shrubbery,
placed beside the first shrubbery, only slightly higher so you get the
two-level effect, with a little path running down the middle.

sqidbait
2005-04-30 01:55:54 UTC
Kitchen Man wrote:
> On Fri, 29 Apr 2005 20:56:08 -0400, Tim Morrow <***@erols.com>
> wrote:
>
> >Not everyone has the same job for their entire career nor lives in
the same
> >house for their entire lives. So, when a person moves, or changes
jobs, if a

[snip]

> As with my home purchase of ten years ago, I will attempt to maximize
> both energy efficiency and appeal of locale. And maybe a shrubbery,
> one that looks nice, and not too expensive. And another shrubbery,
> placed beside the first shrubbery, only slightly higher so you get
the
> two-level effect, with a little path running down the middle.

I don't get it. It doesn't sound very attractive. It's...

Why are you grimacing and holding your ears?

-- Michael
Bruno
2005-04-29 17:34:30 UTC
On 29 Apr 2005 07:51:42 -0700, AZ Rider wrote:

>Greek Shipping Magnets wrote:
>
>> ... if you
>> can figure out a way to tell me how people get around in the
>> boonsticks without involving motorised transportation, I'm all ears.
>
>Buy or rent a house close to where you work, or get a job close to
>where you live.
>
>Yeah, that was a tough one.

I live 8kms from work, and one block from the RadioShack! I got it
made!

durkster
2005-04-29 18:15:42 UTC
Greek Shipping Magnets wrote:
> On Fri, 29 Apr 2005 02:18:35 GMT, "Stephen!" <***@spam.com> wrote:
>
> >> I don't like that kind of submission. Where actions taken as a
result
> >> of need (buying a set of wheels to get from A to B)
> >

> >You are confusing "need" with "desire"...
>
> You're absolutely right! See I happen to live in one of the handful
of
> American cities with decent public transportation, built in a logical
> grid array and on a human scale. For me a "long trip" is anything
over
> 10 miles.

Meoow.

> So if you can figure out a way to tell me how people get around in
the
> boonsticks without involving motorised transportation, I'm all ears.
>
> Until then STFU and stop parrotting this Homeland Security BS about
> driving being a privelidge and therefore making it ok to add on all
> kinds of nefarious legislation to my **GOD GIVEN RIGHT** to fossil
> fueled high horsepower highway tomfoolery.

I used to ** WALK ** three miles each way to work and back 6 days a
week.

Thats why you probably voted for W, he thinks oil is in our 'strategic
interest' and he is right about that.

The chance that he thinks jeebus conveniently whispered these same
things in his ear is also somewhat possible as politically he has to
keep up the show to pay off the abortion clinic bombers for all of the
votes they gave to the big fella.

My last commuter cage was a 25psi boosted VW 1.8T, very good on gas for
a car making 300+ crank hp , nice toy and many fools would ask me why I
did it ( added 100% more hp ) to this poor little car, of course I told
them because it is America which means it -can- be done.
Also when it involves silly speeds and lots of power it almost -has- to
be done.

I have to use my share up of the available oil and roads before it is
all gone due to taxable income disappearing (after the revolution.)
when DOT is just a distant memory.

The Rocket III is my testament to the 'use fuel or die' ethos.

The ultimate pre-mad max motorcycle but the worst bike in a mad max
scenario unless perhaps hauling a large tanker load of stolen gasoline
back to my compound.

I am just attempting to use all of the non-renewable natural resources
that will help things along to that end just like everyone else,

Will voting libertarian allow me to say FYYFF to cops who want me to
ride with my visor down at threat of a ticket ?

Martin
Stephen!
2005-04-30 05:42:32 UTC

> I'd hate to have to walk twelve of those exits just to get to work
> every morning. I'd probably have to leave the week before.

You don't 'need' to work there, you choose to work there...

--
RCOS #7
IBA# 11465
http://imagesdesavions.com
High Plains Thumper
2005-04-30 07:54:09 UTC

> On Fri, 29 Apr 2005 02:18:35 GMT, "Stephen!" <***@spam.com>
> wrote:
>
>>> I don't like that kind of submission. Where actions taken
>>> as a result of need (buying a set of wheels to get from A
>>> to B)
>>

>>You are confusing "need" with "desire"...

<SNIP>

> Until then STFU and stop parrotting this Homeland Security
> BS about driving being a privelidge and therefore making it
> ok to add on all kinds of nefarious legislation to my **GOD
> GIVEN RIGHT** to fossil fueled high horsepower highway
> tomfoolery.
>
> You think prying cold dead fingers is only for taking guns?
> Just try to take the keys away from the American populace.
> Or telling them that they do not own the road. Cause they
> do. Their taxes pay for it at every turn. And the last time
> I looked paying for shit entitled me to the enjoyment of

<SNIP>

> If you want all this touchy feely law and justice crap take
> it to Europe. The Europeans were the ones whining about
> international law when we invaded Iraq. As if breaking the
> law matters if you don't get caught or nobody can do shit
> about it. Fucking Commies. Cornfed American Commies! Who'da
> thunk? Hoover was right. They're out there and they've
> infiltrated some of our finest institutions. They turned
> all that small government Republican stuff into one of the
> bloatedest pigs on planet earth.
>
> You say you're in the military? Do they let you pick and
> choose which colors you defend on any given day? I'll bet
> you always pick red you GOP Cornfucking Commie!

Either someone pee'd in your Wheaties this morning or an
adjustment to your meds are in order. :)

HPT
Stephen!
2005-04-30 20:02:47 UTC
High Plains Thumper <***@highplainsthumper.com> wrote in

> Either someone pee'd in your Wheaties this morning or an
> adjustment to your meds are in order. :)

Hehe... Six little words sets the retard off like that? HAhahahaha...

Too bad he cannot distinguish between "need" and "desire"...

--
RCOS #7
IBA# 11465
http://imagesdesavions.com
Fergy
2005-04-30 20:21:32 UTC
Greek Shipping Magnets wrote:
> you GOP Cornfucking Commie!

I didn't read Steve's post.. but "GOP cornfucking commie"? You're one
conflicted dude.
unknown
2005-04-29 02:37:29 UTC
You are a little over the top here aye Mr. Shipping magnets? My
grandmothers friends daughters nieces kids sisters mothers daughter
cousin was here today and she got a look at your header. She looked
over my shoulder and I told her she was very rude. Now if I were
upset with Onstar and wanted to create a thread about them the subject
header would read" Onstar is not so good" You see GSM? I got the point
across and even a five year old could read it.

Regards

Mike
Stephen!
2005-04-29 03:00:50 UTC
mfellNOSPAM*@yahoo.com wrote in news:ks6371ld0ajctt7kqaf4r2k4khdj7f761g@
4ax.com:

> You are a little over the top here aye Mr. Shipping magnets? My
> grandmothers friends daughters nieces kids sisters mothers daughter
> cousin was here today and

Care to borrow an apostrophe?

Here's a bunch of them. You can have them. No, really take 'em....

''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

> she got a look at your header.

Wahh... Lot better than looking at his asser.

--
RCOS #7
IBA# 11465
http://imagesdesavions.com
Greek Shipping Magnets
2005-04-29 13:54:24 UTC
On Fri, 29 Apr 2005 02:37:29 GMT, mfellNOSPAM*@yahoo.com wrote:

>You are a little over the top here aye Mr. Shipping magnets? My
>grandmothers friends daughters nieces kids sisters mothers daughter
>cousin was here today and she got a look at your header.

Well then stop molesting innocent little girls and you won't feel so
ashamed when she peeks at my headers. The embarrasment you feel is
really just displacement. Of the wrong kind.
Kitchen Man
2005-04-29 04:45:59 UTC
On Thu, 28 Apr 2005 14:14:50 GMT, Greek Shipping Magnets
<***@x.x> wrote:

>What's next? Submitting your DNA to Homeland Security in
>order to get approved for a mortgage?

Damn man, but you come up with the best ideas! You need to talk to
Condy about a job.

moto
2005-04-29 15:37:53 UTC
G.S.M. ...
Fuck OnStar?

How can ya do that when we don't know where the hell it is? :)

your friends on the couch ...
Bill Walker
2005-04-29 15:56:39 UTC
"moto" <***@webtv.net> wrote in message
> Fuck OnStar?
>
> How can ya do that when we don't know where the hell it is? :)

<chuckle> One "where" it isn't, is on any of my vehicles..