Bikefest in Lake of the Ozarks expected to draw thousands as Missouri coronavirus cases rise
Leroy N. Soetoro
2020-09-22 23:09:31 UTC
NBC leads the charge on cowardice, as usual.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/bikefest-lake-ozarks-expected-draw-
thousands-missouri-coronavirus-cases-rise-n1240544

Tens of thousands of motorcycle enthusiasts are expected to gather in Lake
of the Ozarks in central Missouri for an annual Bikefest at a time when
the state is seeing a rise in coronavirus cases.

The five-day festival that attracts motorcycle riders from around the U.S.
began Wednesday and ends Sunday. Last year's Bikefest Lake of the Ozarks
drew about 125,000 people.

Lake Ozark Mayor Gerry Murawski told the Kansas City Star on Thursday that
he's not sure how many people will show up in light of the pandemic.

"This year, I don’t know what to expect. There’s nothing that’s the same,"
he said.

“But this is our last event of the year and I keep thinking, ‘Let’s just
get through this,’ and then we can quite frankly go to sleep for a few
months,” the mayor added. “And hopefully by next year it’s gone. Probably
not, though.”

He said he hopes attendees will wear face coverings, but has doubts
because bikers typically don't wear masks. “It’s just that’s the way they
are."

Missouri lifted its coronavirus restrictions in June when the state had
just over 16,000 confirmed cases. In a Sept. 18 update, the state
Department of Health and Senior Services reported 1,795 new cases that
bring the total to 110,129.

There have been 1,780 deaths in the state as of Friday.

Bikefest has spurred concerns that it could lead to an increased spread of
the virus.

“These events tend to draw many people into crowded spaces. It’s
especially worrisome if participants gather indoors at bars and
restaurants which have proven to be high-risk areas,” said Steve Edwards,
chief executive of CoxHealth, a hospital system based in Springfield.

Edwards said the festival could lead to more coronavirus infections in
Missouri and other states where attendees have traveled from. “It is
reckless," he said.

By Thursday, the second day of the festival, bikers were packed into bars
and restaurants in Lake Ozark with hundreds of riders parked outside,
according to the Kansas City Star. Only a handful of tourists were seen
wearing face masks.

“I know I should be wearing a mask, but I’m not too concerned about it,"
attendee Vance Scovel told the Kansas City Star.

Scovel said he and his wife traveled from their home in Cedar Rapids,
Iowa, to attend Bikefest. The couple said they also went to last month's
Sturgis Motorcycle Rally in South Dakota with no problems and are taking
safety precautions.

“I love it,” he said of Bikefest. “We heard it might be a couple hundred
thousand by the weekend.”

The Sturgis rally, which ran from Aug. 7 to Aug. 16, drew more than
460,000 vehicles, the South Dakota Transportation Department said.
Coronavirus outbreaks linked to the rally have been reported in at least
eight states — South and North Dakota, Minnesota, Montana, Nebraska,
Washington, Wisconsin and Wyoming.

Image: Minyvonne Burke

truck.

of the Obama presidency.

queer liberal democrat donors.

President Trump has boosted the economy, reduced illegal immigration,
appointed dozens of judges and created jobs.

Senile loser and NAMBLA supporter Nancy Pelosi got "Trumped" on February
5, 2020. "President Trump, Not Guilty."
Byker
The Kung Flu wouldn't dare...
The Older Gentleman
2020-09-23 11:19:17 UTC
Post by Leroy N. Soetoro
NBC leads the charge on cowardice, as usual.
<mega snip>

What tit in a trance posts a link and then copies & pastes everything
that was in the link?
--
Kawasaki Ninja H2; Ducati ST2; Yamaha 660 Ténéré; Guzzi Le
Mans II, V50; Honda CB125T2 CD200, CB400F, Yamaha 125 NMax
neil underscore murray at fastmail dot fm
mail.zip2.in Anonymous Remailer
2020-09-23 13:23:15 UTC
Post by The Older Gentleman
What tit in a trance posts a link and then copies & pastes everything
that was in the link?
Actually, I find that helpful. I can't always get to these links from
my TOR browser anymore because Web Service Providers are refusing to
serve content to TOR Exit Nodes. They do this to cut down on child
pornography and illicit drug dealing, of course. They also do this to
keep the public from using TOR to evade the tracking that generates
their revenue.

Posting the relevant content behind a link relieves me of having to
visit the link with a vulnerable browser.

More about this later ... probably.
Worst Case
d***@ss.es
2020-09-28 16:26:33 UTC
.
8==[=%D
______________0___0___________________________

U dick riders
Mathias Koerber
2020-10-05 07:05:20 UTC
Post by Leroy N. Soetoro
NBC leads the charge on cowardice, as usual.
AH, a Trumptard.

Freedumb to get infected and then infect everyone in your personal
cicle. So Smart. NOT
Image: Minyvonne Burke
The Older Gentleman
2020-10-05 20:22:03 UTC
Post by Mathias Koerber
AH, a Trumptard.
Freedumb to get infected and then infect everyone in your personal
cicle. So Smart. NOT
Ah, a Usenet top poster. As above.

*Sigh*. Reminds me of 20 years ago....
Doug Payne