1995 yamaha virago 750..
Anthony Orne
2020-10-21 21:05:41 UTC
hey, so i recently replaced my stator and ever since then i've had an issue with the bendix gears not engaging the flywheel... i take everything apart and it all looks fine, but when i put it together it works about 15-20 times just fine then just stops engaging the flywheel.. everything tests fine with a multimeter electrical wise and i just put a new battery in a week ago before doing the stator...
Dean Hoffman
2020-10-22 03:08:54 UTC
Post by Anthony Orne
hey, so i recently replaced my stator and ever since then i've had an issue with the bendix gears not engaging the flywheel... i take everything apart and it all looks fine, but when i put it together it works about 15-20 times just fine then just stops engaging the flywheel.. everything tests fine with a multimeter electrical wise and i just put a new battery in a week ago before doing the stator...
Would using something like graphite to lube the moving parts do
any good?
I take it the flywheel is ok.
The Older Gentleman
2020-10-22 14:29:28 UTC
Post by Anthony Orne
bendix gears not engaging the flywheel.
They all do that, sir. Worst starter motor system in the known world.
--
Kawasaki Ninja H2; Ducati ST2; Yamaha 660 Ténéré; Guzzi Le
Mans II, V50; Honda CB125T2 CD200, CB400F, Yamaha 125 NMax