OT-Survey- Do your balls tingle?
Jeff Mayner
2005-09-29 18:11:33 UTC
So we were sitting around at work, just bsing, and a fellow worker suddenly
brought up one of those web-sites that shows stupid things that people do,
like big-boys, etc. One of the guys said that when he watches things like
that, sometimes, and especially if they show someone getting thrown from a
bike or a skateboarding accident and they get bad road-rash, he gets a weird
tingling/feeling in his nuts. I told him, "Yeah, me too." I said I thought
it was "fight or flight", or an aspect thereof, kicking in, and it was just
your balls retracting in case you were threatened. Another dude says,
"Bullshit!" "You guys are just gay", or some such bit o' wit.

It got me wondering. So, as I often do in such situations, I thought what
better way to ask then to do a mini-poll on rec.motorcycles, and
rec.motorcycles.dirt? Here goes:

If you are watching an event and someone is injured, say kicked or struck in
some way in the balls or has a nasty slide on asphalt or concrete resulting
in significant road-rash, do you get a a sympathetic tingle or "feeling" in
your nuts?

Yes:

No:

Thanks for your support. When the mini-poll was conducted at work last
night, admittedly a very small sample amongst four people, it split 50/50.
Two yes, two no. I did not ask any women at work. I suspect some nipple
tingling going on but thought better of inquiring. ;-)
Andrew
2005-09-29 18:40:05 UTC
Post by Jeff Mayner
[...]
I'll have to ask my wife. She holds the balls.
--
Andrew
00 Daytona
71 Kawi H1
Jeff Mayner
This is like pulling teeth. :-(
NZMSC
2005-09-29 20:18:19 UTC
Post by Jeff Mayner
Post by Andrew
Post by Jeff Mayner
If you are watching an event and someone is injured, say
kicked or struck in some way in the balls or has a nasty
slide on asphalt or concrete resulting in significant
road-rash, do you get a a sympathetic tingle or "feeling"
in your nuts?
I'll have to ask my wife. She holds the balls.
This is like pulling teeth. :-(
Teeth...?
--
Allan Kirk,
Megarider Organisation,
www.megarider.com
NZMSC
2005-09-29 20:19:58 UTC
Post by Jeff Mayner
[...]
No.

It's the stomach for me.

Maybe I don't have any balls!

Despite having three kids...
www.megarider.com
P.Roehling
2005-09-29 20:37:55 UTC
Post by NZMSC
Maybe I don't have any balls!
But what do you throw for the dogs?

Pete
moto
2005-10-01 14:07:05 UTC
Tingle ... ?

No, ...

Oh, but do my balls hang low.
And they dangle too and fro.
I can tie them in a knot.
I can tie them in a bow. :)

moto

Hondas Rule.
Harleys drool.

A bird in the hand ain't worth much.
Bobbie Gill
2005-10-01 22:39:05 UTC
Post by moto
Tingle ... ?
No, ...
Oh, but do my balls hang low.
And they dangle too and fro.
I can tie them in a knot.
I can tie them in a bow. :)
Your balls are multi-purpose I see.
Post by moto
moto
Hondas Rule.
Harleys drool.
A bird in the hand ain't worth much.
--
Bobbie the Triple Killer

My website:
http://members.shaw.ca/bobbie4/index.htm

Check out:
http://www.iuoe882.com/

[***@S01060050046f293e Desktop]$ emacs signature

Today's posting is brought to you by:

The numbers 0 & 1, Fedora Core 4 and Mozilla Thunderbird.

The ideal engineer is a composite ... He is not a scientist, he is not a
mathematician, he is not a sociologist or a writer; but he may use the
knowledge and techniques of any or all of these disciplines in solving
engineering problems.
N. W. Dougherty, 1955
Jeff Mayner
2005-10-02 07:11:46 UTC
Post by Bobbie Gill
Post by moto
Tingle ... ?
No, ...
Oh, but do my balls hang low.
And they dangle too and fro.
I can tie them in a knot.
I can tie them in a bow. :)
Your balls are multi-purpose I see.
I am more than happy I _don't_ see. ;-)

Thanks for the responses though. (I think)
moto
2005-10-02 14:26:40 UTC
Jeff ...
You get into this group of misfits, then ask about tingling balls ...
you didn't expect any straight answers, did ya?? ;^)

Jeff Mayner
2005-10-02 15:20:43 UTC
Post by moto
Jeff ...
You get into this group of misfits, then ask about tingling balls ...
you didn't expect any straight answers, did ya?? ;^)
Well, I have been described as a misfit at times myself, so, I got what I
did expect. This is usenet, after all. It served my purpose and for the most
part was entertaining. I am easily amused, at times. I guess I could have
asked about galvonic skin response or something (hell is that even spelled
correctly?) but what fun would that have been? ;-)
Bobbie Gill
2005-10-02 15:33:28 UTC
Post by Jeff Mayner
Post by moto
Jeff ...
You get into this group of misfits, then ask about tingling balls ...
you didn't expect any straight answers, did ya?? ;^)
Well, I have been described as a misfit at times myself, so, I got what I
did expect. This is usenet, after all. It served my purpose and for the most
part was entertaining. I am easily amused, at times. I guess I could have
asked about galvonic skin response or something (hell is that even spelled
correctly?) but what fun would that have been? ;-)
You should count your blessings that we stayed somewhat on topic. We
could have easily steered this topic of to guns, gay marraiage, civil
rights, the 'War on Terror"(tm) or if Scissor Sisters are just a one hit
wonder.

But on a more serious note:
http://www.gotlaughs.com/funflash/boobs_hang_low.cfm

N. W. Dougherty, 1955
moto
2005-10-02 16:45:29 UTC
Bobbie G. ...

I don't know about you, but I can remember when this NG was full of the
silliest shit around.
Poems, jokes, good hearted ribbing and stuff so far off the wall you
wondered if you were dialed into the right planet.

WTF, there's only so much can be said about chain lube and gas prices.
I firmly this NG needs a 'comedy corner' or somthin' close to it.

Let's face it, you get with your buds and how long does it take for a
joke or two to pop up, and of course us bikers favorite subjects.
Pussy and watermelon come to mind. :)

BTW, in the paper today there was an article about a couple in there 90s
that were getting a divorce.
Asked why they waited so long, they said they wanted to wait until all
the kids were dead. (moan)

Stephen!
2005-10-03 07:09:21 UTC
Post by Bobbie Gill
rights, the 'War on Terror"(tm) or if Scissor Sisters are just a one hit
wonder.
Fuck the Scissor Sisters... Those rotten fuckheads went on Saturday Night
Live and quite literally SCREAMED Pink Floyd's "Comfortably Numb" at the
top of their scraggly lungs. Anybody who desecrates such a wonderful piece
of music in such a manner deserves to be drug behind a bus.
--
RCOS #7
IBA# 11465
http://imagesdesavions.com
Bobbie Gill
2005-10-03 13:05:07 UTC
Post by Stephen!
Post by Bobbie Gill
rights, the 'War on Terror"(tm) or if Scissor Sisters are just a one hit
wonder.
Fuck the Scissor Sisters... Those rotten fuckheads went on Saturday Night
Live and quite literally SCREAMED Pink Floyd's "Comfortably Numb" at the
top of their scraggly lungs. Anybody who desecrates such a wonderful piece
of music in such a manner deserves to be drug behind a bus.
So I take it that you're not a big fan, eh?
Their album is good save for the up tempo version of the same song. Then
again I've never been a big fan of remakes or remixes or whatever

N. W. Dougherty, 1955
Michael R. Kesti
2005-10-03 15:30:31 UTC
Post by Bobbie Gill
So I take it that you're not a big fan, eh?
Their album is good save for the up tempo version of the same song. Then
again I've never been a big fan of remakes or remixes or whatever
The word you seek is "covers."
Bobbie Gill
2005-10-03 23:41:39 UTC
Post by Michael R. Kesti
Post by Bobbie Gill
So I take it that you're not a big fan, eh?
Their album is good save for the up tempo version of the same song. Then
again I've never been a big fan of remakes or remixes or whatever
The word you seek is "covers."
yup, that's the word.

N. W. Dougherty, 1955
Stephen!
2005-10-04 16:22:50 UTC
Post by Michael R. Kesti
Post by Bobbie Gill
again I've never been a big fan of remakes or remixes or whatever
The word you seek is "covers."
Why not call it what it really is?
--
RCOS #7
IBA# 11465
http://imagesdesavions.com
Michael R. Kesti
2005-10-04 17:11:20 UTC
Post by Stephen!
Post by Michael R. Kesti
Post by Bobbie Gill
again I've never been a big fan of remakes or remixes or whatever
The word you seek is "covers."
Why not call it what it really is?
I think I did.

The term "cover" has long been used in the music industry to describe
the situation of artists performing and/or recording songs that others
have previously performed and/or recorded.

Do you never use industry jargon? Or is it that you have some problem
with the concept and want to use a more derisive term? Or what?
Stephen!
2005-10-05 04:21:43 UTC
Post by Michael R. Kesti
Post by Stephen!
Post by Michael R. Kesti
The word you seek is "covers."
Why not call it what it really is?
I think I did.
The term "cover" has long been used in the music industry to describe
the situation of artists performing and/or recording songs that others
have previously performed and/or recorded.
Much easier to justify an activity when you give it a sanitized name, eh?

Like calling abortion "family planning".
--
RCOS #7
IBA# 11465
http://imagesdesavions.com
Bobbie Gill
2005-10-05 13:09:27 UTC
Post by Stephen!
Post by Michael R. Kesti
Post by Stephen!
Post by Michael R. Kesti
The word you seek is "covers."
Why not call it what it really is?
I think I did.
The term "cover" has long been used in the music industry to describe
the situation of artists performing and/or recording songs that others
have previously performed and/or recorded.
Much easier to justify an activity when you give it a sanitized name, eh?
Like calling abortion "family planning".
Abortion is rarely done out of greed. Most covers are done against the
wishes of the original recording artist, however, because they've
typically surrendered the rights to their songs to the publisher/record
company in exchange for a recording contract, they no longer have any
control over their music.

For example, the Rolling Stones haven't owned the rights to their '60s
and '70s catalog since the early '80s when they sold off the rights to
Allan Klein in exchange for a cash infusion. Hence Mick and Charlie had
no business giving the Verve permission to use the sample from "The Last
Time" as they no longer owned the rights to the song. Not only that but
the Rolling Stones only had permission from the original orchestra that
performed the melody for "The Last Time" to only be used in that
particular song.

Guess who got screwed?
(Hint, it wasn't Mick, Charlie or Mr. Klein)

N. W. Dougherty, 1955
Stephen!
2005-10-07 03:14:05 UTC
Post by Bobbie Gill
Post by Stephen!
Much easier to justify an activity when you give it a sanitized name, eh?
Like calling abortion "family planning".
Abortion is rarely done out of greed.
It goes by another name... Selflishness...
--
RCOS #7
IBA# 11465
http://imagesdesavions.com
Bobbie Gill
2005-10-07 04:16:52 UTC
Post by Stephen!
Post by Bobbie Gill
Post by Stephen!
Much easier to justify an activity when you give it a sanitized name, eh?
Like calling abortion "family planning".
Abortion is rarely done out of greed.
It goes by another name... Selflishness...
In some circumstances, yes.
But in most cases I don't think forcing a woman to carry a pregnancy to
term is right no matter which way you look at it. Especially when the
pregnancy is caused through incest.

N. W. Dougherty, 1955
Stephen!
2005-10-08 02:27:53 UTC
Post by Bobbie Gill
But in most cases I don't think forcing a woman to carry a pregnancy to
term is right no matter which way you look at it.
"Forcing", in any case, is wrong. Yet what percentage abortions are *not*
conducted out of selfishness? That is, what percentage are conducted
because of a genuine medical concern for the woman?

To clear up any confusion, I don't feel that abortion is a "right" thing to
do, but I also don't feel I have any business telling someone they cannot
do it, if they wish...
--
RCOS #7
IBA# 11465
http://imagesdesavions.com
Bob Mann
2005-10-08 04:04:05 UTC
Post by Stephen!
Post by Bobbie Gill
But in most cases I don't think forcing a woman to carry a pregnancy to
term is right no matter which way you look at it.
"Forcing", in any case, is wrong. Yet what percentage abortions are *not*
conducted out of selfishness? That is, what percentage are conducted
because of a genuine medical concern for the woman?
To clear up any confusion, I don't feel that abortion is a "right" thing to
do, but I also don't feel I have any business telling someone they cannot
do it, if they wish...
IOW...not as a means to birth control but for legitimate medical or
psychological reasons?
Note, legitimate.

That runs close to my personal feelings but like you, it's only my
opinion.
--
Bob Mann

"Without pain there is no gain.
Without pain there is no glory"
-Geoff Capes
Stephen!
2005-10-08 06:43:05 UTC
Post by Bob Mann
Post by Stephen!
To clear up any confusion, I don't feel that abortion is a "right"
thing to do, but I also don't feel I have any business telling someone
they cannot do it, if they wish...
IOW...not as a means to birth control but for legitimate medical or
psychological reasons?
Give the man a Kewpie Doll!
--
RCOS #7
IBA# 11465
http://imagesdesavions.com
moto
2005-10-08 12:15:50 UTC
no quote ...
Saw a bumper sticker the other day:

"If you don't trust me with a decision, why would you trust me with a
child"

I hadda think about that one for a while ...

I've often wondered what would happen to those folks who picket (what
they call
abortion clinics) if during one of their 'marches' each and every one of
them was offered a real, honest to God, live, Baby?
Just a thought ....

Stephen!
2005-10-04 16:22:21 UTC
Post by Bobbie Gill
Numb" at the top of their scraggly lungs. Anybody who desecrates
such a wonderful piece of music in such a manner deserves to be drug
behind a bus.
So I take it that you're not a big fan, eh?
Unless by "big fan" you mean "someone who would love to take a
sledgehammer to their foreheads", no...
Post by Bobbie Gill
Their album is good save for the up tempo version of the same song.
The first "piece" they played that night didn't sound much better.
Post by Bobbie Gill
Then again I've never been a big fan of remakes or remixes or whatever
Theft?
--
RCOS #7
IBA# 11465
http://imagesdesavions.com
Bob Mann
2005-10-05 00:39:58 UTC
Post by Bobbie Gill
Then again I've never been a big fan of remakes or remixes or whatever
Theft?
It's only theft if they play it without permission.
If they recorded it and paid royalties it's called playing something
someone else wrote.

Are you listening Led Zepellin?

-Geoff Capes
Stephen!
2005-10-05 04:23:04 UTC
Post by Bob Mann
It's only theft if they play it without permission.
If they recorded it and paid royalties it's called playing something
someone else wrote.
I'd be surprised if more than a handful of hard-core Pink Flotd fans even
recognized the origins of that screeching...
--
RCOS #7
IBA# 11465
http://imagesdesavions.com
Bob Mann
2005-10-06 15:17:08 UTC
Post by Stephen!
Post by Bob Mann
It's only theft if they play it without permission.
If they recorded it and paid royalties it's called playing something
someone else wrote.
I'd be surprised if more than a handful of hard-core Pink Flotd fans even
recognized the origins of that screeching...
As long as they paid the rights holder to record it.

-Geoff Capes
Stephen!
2005-10-07 03:14:51 UTC
Post by Bob Mann
Post by Stephen!
I'd be surprised if more than a handful of hard-core Pink Flotd fans
even recognized the origins of that screeching...
As long as they paid the rights holder to record it.
Being legal does not equal being "right"... *SOME* things need to remain
sacred...
--
RCOS #7
IBA# 11465
http://imagesdesavions.com
Robert Bolton
2005-10-07 06:04:41 UTC
Post by Stephen!
Post by Bobbie Gill
rights, the 'War on Terror"(tm) or if Scissor Sisters are just a one hit
wonder.
Fuck the Scissor Sisters... Those rotten fuckheads went on Saturday Night
Live and quite literally SCREAMED Pink Floyd's "Comfortably Numb" at the
top of their scraggly lungs. Anybody who desecrates such a wonderful piece
of music in such a manner deserves to be drug behind a bus.
Some songs you just can't improve. A good album, too.

Robert
Andrew
2005-09-29 22:42:21 UTC
Post by Jeff Mayner
Post by Andrew
Post by Jeff Mayner
[...]
She told me she doesn't like motorcycles, so she doesn't watch
motorcycle events.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help.
--
Andrew
00 Daytona
71 Kawi H1
Turby
2005-09-30 17:08:15 UTC
On Thu, 29 Sep 2005 12:20:27 -0700, "Jeff Mayner"
Post by Jeff Mayner
Post by Andrew
Post by Jeff Mayner
If you are watching an event and someone is injured, say kicked or
struck in some way in the balls or has a nasty slide on asphalt or
concrete resulting in significant road-rash, do you get a a
sympathetic tingle or "feeling" in your nuts?
I'll have to ask my wife. She holds the balls.
This is like pulling teeth. :-(
Your balls tingle when your teeth are pulled?
Turby the Turbosurfer
Bob Mann
2005-09-30 03:38:04 UTC
On Thu, 29 Sep 2005 11:11:33 -0700, "Jeff Mayner"
Post by Jeff Mayner
If you are watching an event and someone is injured, say kicked or struck in
some way in the balls or has a nasty slide on asphalt or concrete resulting
in significant road-rash, do you get a a sympathetic tingle or "feeling" in
your nuts?
More of a puckering in the asshole.

-Geoff Capes
Stephen!
2005-09-30 04:59:25 UTC
Post by Jeff Mayner
that, sometimes, and especially if they show someone getting thrown
from a bike or a skateboarding accident and they get bad road-rash, he
gets a weird tingling/feeling in his nuts.
When I see those assholes destroying private/public property with their
boards breaking a few bones it gives me a chubby...

Don't like seeing the guys at purpose-built skate parks getting hurt but
watching some asshole transitioning from scraping the paint off a stairway
handrail to scraping the skin off his forehead always cheers me up...
--
RCOS #7
IBA# 11465