Those who pollute go to Hell
TibetanMonkey, the Beach Cruiser Philosopher
2011-12-22 04:16:18 UTC
I think I've earned enough credibility among atheists and theologians
to tackle this issue. Only those who ride a bicycle, go vegetarian or
do something for peace, will go to Heaven. We will have wide bike
paths up there while drivers will end up in Hell, which is no less
than a never-ending traffic jam. Bicyclists who strap their bikes to
the car will remain in Limbo, until they make up their mind.

And the picture wouldn't be complete without some angels who, of
course, ride bikes too...

TibetanMonkey, the Beach Cruiser Philosopher
2011-12-23 02:57:09 UTC
On Dec 22, 7:52 pm, "TibetanMonkey, the Beach Cruiser Philosopher"
I think I've earned enough credibility among atheists and theologians to
tackle this issue.
I think not.
Well, I think they probably agree that a Christian on a bike is better
than a Christian in an SUV.
Only those who ride a bicycle, go vegetarian or do something for peace,
will go to Heaven.
Nobody will go to Heaven. There is no Heaven.
The idea of a protective God will not go away because we wish it. But
the idea of a righteous people indifferent to the environment is
indefensible --unless they admit to worshiping the Devil, and that's a
major victory for the "free spirits" of this world.
I think "free spirits" would include the Indians who believed in a
harmony with Nature, not those who follow the command to "conquer and
multiply." The problem is that that command brings with it POLLUTION
and other side effects such as the RAT RACE. I think few people here
are fighting the idea of a "Great Spirit" --or Gaia-- who's protecting
the environment. At least I'm not.
I wish to invoke here all the gods and goddesses, animals and spirits
that the hunter-gatherers saw while smoking weed, so the Christian-
Jewish god, that male chauvinistic god, is laid to rest.

We may use the beat of African drums or the soaring vibration of the
didgeridoo...

Is that why the Christians want pot banned? That PROHIBITION makes
less sense than god, and CRIME & VIOLENCE are part of another real
crisis we face for which they got no solution.

Bob Marley inspired that energy we need in a sad world. This music
also has the energy...

"I think the fact that people from all over the world can feel the
same vibes and energy listening to what somebody created in totally
different cultures thousands years ago may mean that we all share the
same human element. Makes me happier cos I know we are also just
animals (Libya). Peace to the human element in you."

TibetanMonkey, the Beach Cruiser Philosopher
2011-12-24 16:34:05 UTC
|:|
|:|>
|:|>
|:|> > > I think I've earned enough credibility among atheists and theologians to
|:|> > > tackle this issue.
|:|>
|:|> > I think not.
|:|>
|:|> Well, I think they probably agree that a Christian on a bike is better
|:|> than a Christian in an SUV.
|:|>
|:|>
|:|>
|:|> > > Only those who ride a bicycle, go vegetarian or do something for peace,
|:|> > > will go to Heaven.
|:|>
|:|> > Nobody will go to Heaven. There is no Heaven.
|:|>
|:|> The idea of a protective God will not go away because we wish it. But
|:|> the idea of a righteous people indifferent to the environment is
|:|> indefensible --unless they admit to worshiping the Devil, and that's a
|:|> major victory for the "free spirits" of this world.
|:|>
|:|> I think "free spirits" would include the Indians who believed in a
|:|> harmony with Nature, not those who follow the command to "conquer and
|:|> multiply." The problem is that that command brings with it POLLUTION
|:|> and other side effects such as the RAT RACE. I think few people here
|:|> are fighting the idea of a "Great Spirit" --or Gaia-- who's protecting
|:|> the environment. At least I'm not.
|:|
|:|I wish to invoke here all the gods and goddesses, animals and spirits
|:|that the hunter-gatherers saw while smoking weed, so the Christian-
|:|Jewish god, that male chauvinistic god, is laid to rest.
|:|
|:|We may use the beat of African drums or the soaring vibration of the
|:|didgeridoo...
|:|
|:|http://www.youtube...
|:|
|:|Is that why the Christians want pot banned? That PROHIBITION makes
|:|less sense than god, and CRIME & VIOLENCE are part of another real
|:|crisis we face for which they got no solution.
|:|
|:|Bob Marley inspired that energy we need in a sad world. This music
|:|also has the energy...
they want pot banned? they've BEEN banning it for like 50 years...
IS DRUG TOLERANCE EVIL?

Nobody knows exactly WHY, nobody can say WHO, but this world is a
spaceship on AUTOMATIC PILOT. Mexico is falling apart, our prisons are
overflowing, our communities are broken, while they happily go to
church to pray. Let me guess, THEY ARE PRAYING FOR PEACE AND
PROSPERITY THIS YEAR.

Well, we had someone who openly spoke against it in 2007...

"Australian Prime Minister John Howard launched a harsh attack on
drugs and drug users as he campaigned in Brisbane Wednesday -- and he
didn't spare marijuana. He also claimed that his harsh anti-drug
stance has been vindicated by swings in Australian public opinion."

http://stopthedrugwar.org/chronicle/2007/oct/19/australia_drugs_are_evil_says_pr
TibetanMonkey, the Beach Cruiser Philosopher
2011-12-25 00:16:45 UTC
On Dec 22, 6:01 pm, "TibetanMonkey, the Beach Cruiser Philosopher"
But if you are reluctant about new technologies, how about good old
fashioned PEDAL POWER? Isn't eating apple pie the best way to to power
yourself?
Bananas, pasta, and fig Newtons. I average about
100 miles per pack.
And perhaps our best fuel is...

POPCORN!

I was reading the nutrition in it and it's simply amazing. Mind you,
homemade is best...

http://nutritiondata.self.com/facts/snacks/5356/2

Best thing about it is that it's very satisfying so you don't feel
like eating Christian food. ;)

That's my resolution for the new year: EAT MORE POPCORN.
TibetanMonkey, the Beach Cruiser Philosopher
2011-12-25 00:31:55 UTC
On Thu, 22 Dec 2011 10:45:16 -0800 (PST), "TibetanMonkey, the Beach
"Made in America" not only means you are patriotic,* but that you are
saving shipping the vehicle across an ocean. Notice those are ELECTRIC
BIKES
And it takes more oil to produce the electricity to go a mile on one
than it takes to drive a car a mile, so using the bike is more
wasteful than driving.
Hemp fiber / hemp resin composite construction, powered
by hemp-based biofuel.
One of Henry Ford's pet projects was a car made from
hemp-based plastic. The body panels were damned
near bulletproof. Darn you, Harry Anslinger, darn you
to heck.
And those cars weren't at all like the cages the Christians love to
drive...

The MGs were the last cars to inspire driving. Only thing left is a
motorcycle or bicycle but they make it deadly.
TibetanMonkey, the Beach Cruiser Philosopher
2011-12-25 14:05:45 UTC
On Thu, 22 Dec 2011 15:01:59 -0800 (PST), "TibetanMonkey, the Beach
But if you are reluctant about new technologies, how about good old
fashioned PEDAL POWER? Isn't eating apple pie the best way to to power
yourself?
Lessee. 37 miles one way to the office (can't change that, it's not
my choice - although I AM looking for another office). Five stents in
my heart. Two heart attacks in the past.
Wait, wait, IF I WERE GOD, you wouldn't get off the hook. While you
may need to drive to your office, I'm sure you could ride a bike
somewhere such as to the market or any other errand around your
community.

In other words, YOU GO TO HELL.

Remember, "BUY LOCALLY, BIKE LOCALLY."
TibetanMonkey, the Beach Cruiser Philosopher
2011-12-25 14:41:47 UTC
Post by TibetanMonkey, the Beach Cruiser Philosopher
"TibetanMonkey, the Beach Cruiser Philosopher"
Post by TibetanMonkey, the Beach Cruiser Philosopher
I think I've earned enough credibility among atheists and theologians
to tackle this issue. Only those who ride a bicycle, go vegetarian or
do something for peace, will go to Heaven. We will have wide bike
paths up there while drivers will end up in Hell, which is no less
than a never-ending traffic jam. Bicyclists who strap their bikes to
the car will remain in Limbo, until they make up their mind.
All CHINKS will be going to Hell and most Indians. Those shithole
countries are nothing BUT pollution.
they are in hell stupid. do you think indians don't know it...?
imagine living in a culture that far gone to shit that hope is gone.
The only consolation the Hindus got is "democracy"... How the caste
system survived within a democratic system? Well, I'd see how it works
because I ride a bicycle. The discrimination is not official but it's
very real. We cyclists are the outcasts in the West.

Do I get consolation from democracy? Not really.
TibetanMonkey, the Beach Cruiser Philosopher
2011-12-31 16:15:08 UTC
On Sun, 25 Dec 2011 10:25:22 -0800 (PST), "TibetanMonkey, the Beach
On Sun, 25 Dec 2011 05:56:50 -0800 (PST), "TibetanMonkey, the Beach
Post by TibetanMonkey, the Beach Cruiser Philosopher
On Thu, 22 Dec 2011 15:01:59 -0800 (PST), "TibetanMonkey, the Beach
But if you are reluctant about new technologies, how about good old
fashioned PEDAL POWER? Isn't eating apple pie the best way to to power
yourself?
Lessee. 37 miles one way to the office (can't change that, it's not
my choice - although I AM looking for another office). Five stents in
my heart. Two heart attacks in the past.
Wait, wait, IF I WERE GOD, you wouldn't get off the hook. While you
may need to drive to your office, I'm sure you could ride a bike
somewhere such as to the market or any other errand around your
community.
Maybe, but I'd probably have a heart attack trying. Riding a bike to
the corner would be doubtful.
No, you don't. Riding a bike is recommended by most doctors. Just take
it easy. Don't run out of breath
I do that getting up from a chair.
Yeah, a COUCH CYCLIST, huh?

That energy is better put to work by riding to the market, though, and
you meet people along the way.

Oh well, couch cyclists are better than couch potatoes.
TibetanMonkey, the Beach Cruiser Philosopher
2011-12-31 16:29:43 UTC
Post by TibetanMonkey, the Beach Cruiser Philosopher
to tackle this issue. Only those who ride a bicycle, go vegetarian or
do something for peace, will go to Heaven. We will have wide bike
paths up there while drivers will end up in Hell, which is no less
than a never-ending traffic jam. Bicyclists who strap their bikes to
the car will remain in Limbo, until they make up their mind.
And the picture wouldn't be complete without some angels who, of
course, ride bikes too...
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-x6ouG394k2k/Tfy_A1VADlI/AAAAAAAAIKw/PCyVmIQ...
It takes oil to make a bike and diesel fuel being burned at the rate of 6
maybe 7 miles per gallon in a tractor trailer to deliver a bike to a bike
shop.
Yeah, but it's only a FRACTION of driving an SUV which also needs
manufacturing. They don't grow on trees! ;)

Cars are energy hogs. Bikes, not so much.

When I see all the hoopla about electric cars, I cringe a bit. It’s
not that I am anti-electric-car. In fact, I am currently helping
someone do an electric car conversion, and I want to convert one of my
own cars to electric, for those occasional times when I need to go
longer distances. But the reason I cringe is that people are ignorant
about to how much energy it takes to move around a large metal box in
the first place - regardless of whether it is moved around using
electricity or fossil fuels. Changing the source of energy from fossil
fuels to electricity might be a small step in the right direction, but
it is exactly that - a small step. With the world, and particularly
the US, facing unprecedented issues related to our magnificent energy
usage, thinking that electric cars will solve all our problems is a
case of rearranging those famous deck chairs on that famous sinking
ship. They won’t solve our problems, unless we all want nuclear power
plants in our backyards.

http://www.chrismartenson.com/quiet-revolution-bicycles-recapturing-role-utilitarian-people-movers-part-i

***

Bicycles are 100 times better, just to say a number. Plus you have
fun. Remember, THE PURPOSE OF LIFE IS TO HAVE FUN.
TibetanMonkey, the Beach Cruiser Philosopher
2012-01-01 02:35:18 UTC
On Sat, 31 Dec 2011 08:14:10 -0800 (PST), "TibetanMonkey, the Beach
On Tue, 27 Dec 2011 00:10:29 -0600, "Zacharias Mulletstein"
On Sun, 25 Dec 2011 18:38:32 -0800 (PST), Father Haskell
It's great medicine. When I started biking years ago,
my resting heart rate went from 80 to 50 bpm in less
than two months. My blood pressure went from
120 / 85 to 110 / 65.
That's my BP now. I don't have a pressure problem, I have an
oxygenation problem. I've passed out a few times already from anoxia
when I was sitting.
That's because you are a pop athiest.
You're right, Zachy. Modern medicine doesn't have a clue.
It ain't so much that they don't have a clue, just that they give a
shit about your health.
Which is why I have a team of doctors who DO give a shit about my
health. I go for regular checkups, healthy or sick, and other than a
cardiac cath about 18 months ago, it's in, hello and out. (Haven't
even seen my rheumatologist in almost 2 years - just call his office
for a refill when I have a gout attack, which keeps getting less
frequent.)
--
"People who don't like their beliefs being laughed at shouldn't have
such funny beliefs." - unknown

TibetanMonkey, the Beach Cruiser Philosopher
2012-01-01 15:27:51 UTC
On Sat, 31 Dec 2011 18:30:34 -0800 (PST), "TibetanMonkey, the Beach
[...]
It's also supposed to live about 35 years.
I've seen other sources that question that. But we me ascribe many of
those early deaths to POOR TEETH and IGNORANCE (ignorance about DIET
and HYGIENE), both of which are easily correctable in today's world.
Let's say those are part of PREVENTIVE MEDICINE in conjunction with
EXERCISE, while modern medicine can treat genetic diseases and
accidents which can guarantee a LONG HEALTHY LIFE.
Post by TibetanMonkey, the Beach Cruiser Philosopher
Most modern diseases come from the sedentary life, a product of
the Neolithic Revolution. This is our nature...
The last person who didn't die was ...
If you live long enough, your body starts breaking down. The only way
to prevent that - the ONLY way - is to die young.
This is a law of nature we often ignore in the modern world: USE IT OR
LOSE IT!

The following is a rather idyllic look at hunter-gatherers, but I may
suggest that EXERCISE and ADVENTURE are the main components from their
society we may incorporate into our boring sedentary way of life. I
say adventure rather than exercise per se because you can work out
indoors or do that silly jogging along the road, but it's NOT the same
as being one with the elements out there, such as you do in canoeing
or hiking.

"When I say hunter gatherers, you think nasty, brutish and short, and
that's a misconception that's kept us in an exhausting race we can't
win for 10,000 years.

They're actually generally well fed, have more time off, and better
sex lives than most of us protestant work ethic fools."

http://www.raw-food-health.net/HunterGatherers.html

***

Hey, the hunter-gatherers could only dream of the bicycle, and that's
the main change in lifestyle we can do in the West. WE ONLY HAVE TO
CONVINCE THE CHRISTIANS that indeed it's our NATURE to move, and that
we need to change our idiotic, sedentary ways. Bicycling need not need
to be more dangerous than hunting mammoths. ;)
TibetanMonkey, the Beach Cruiser Philosopher
2012-01-02 04:25:25 UTC
On Sun, 1 Jan 2012 12:30:17 -0800 (PST), "TibetanMonkey, the Beach
On Sun, 1 Jan 2012 07:23:02 -0800 (PST), "TibetanMonkey, the Beach
[...]
We evolved the teeth we needed for the diet we had. (Robustus had
huge teeth with thick enamel, and thrived on vegetation. Our
ancestors ate cooked meat, so we didn't need to grow those huge teeth,
the muscles to drive them or the skull to support the muscles. Lucky
for us, since that allowed our brains to get 3 times as large as they
had been.)
Hey, while we don't need to chew roots any more, our modern teeth --
even dentures-- can still handle brown rice and whole wheat bread
But not the silica in them that our ancestors had to cope with. As
the commercial says, once you lose your enamel, it doesn't grow back.
Yes, but we are not prepared by evolution to eat all this junk food
and then sit on our ass!
I guess that's why I don't eat junk food or sit on my ass all day.
I do sit on my ass all day sometimes when things around turn too
dangerous or too depressing. Bumping into cars coming out of driveways
and pedestrians is not my idea of having fun. I do eat unhealthy food
sometimes, just because I'm lazy. I do drink diet cola, lots of it.

But I know what to do about it. Perhaps I'm waiting for my girlfriend
to retire to make the turnaround in lifestyle. I'll be happy with rice
and beans everyday. Then supplement it with peanuts, frozen vegetable,
popcorn, and other stuff I should be eating more.
Post by TibetanMonkey, the Beach Cruiser Philosopher
This is a law of nature we often ignore in the modern world: USE IT OR
LOSE IT!
The law actually is "use it and you'll still lose it." No one lives
forever. If you live long enough SOMETHING will kill you. (You're
talking as if I'm 35 or something.)
I'm talking about stuff we lost along the way, such as the tail. I'm
also implying that the lack of walking/riding a bike can make us lose
our health.
For a certain amount of time. Eventually, though, many of us are
still alive but incapable of walking.
I'm trying to suggest SOLUTIONS for the world, rather than question
your lifestyle. Chances are, Christians would even have a clue what's
the solution other than some fad diet here and there. That's another
industry feeding from ignorance.
Post by TibetanMonkey, the Beach Cruiser Philosopher
Hey, the hunter-gatherers could only dream of the bicycle
Why would they need one? They can get anywhere they need to get on
foot, and they get all the exercise they need.
Wait, the American Indians were quick to adapt the horses to their
hunting-gathering.
Some. Others still used canoes. But hunting a swift animal is easier
FROM a swift animal's back than on foot.
I think they also had fun with it the way we have fun with a bike. Not
all is work.
The bike is only a "mechanical horse," so to speak.
It multiplies your ability to go places over walking.
To a point. Riding a bike 35 miles twice a day (that's my commute) is
a bit much, even if you're in shape. Doing it when you're old enough
to have been retired for a while is not something many people would
try.
I'm not saying that YOU could benefit from that but many people would
benefit from pedal assisted electric bikes.
American cities
are not made for walking, and many even lack sidewalks!
We do - but we have bike lanes. No pedestrians to knock over.
Good. I terrorize pedestrians everyday, but they don't mind for the
most part. ;)
And the elderly sit around, advising the younger members of the group,
and get fed and cared for. (I'm not saying that I'm 50 and have
decided to let my body go to pot - when I was 50 I was always active,
and I was healthy. Even when I was 60 I was pretty active.)
Well, you got to keep struggling to keep your body AND mind. Many
people become dumb as they age, perhaps the product of a dumb society
and cunning politicians that cater to that segment of the population.
I'm referring to our elderly taking unwise decisions such as IGNORING
CLIMATE CHANGE while voting for petty issues.
No, they're not ignoring it, they're being led by the "if man didn't
cause it, man can't fix it" nuts. Being led right into the broiler.
"Slow cooker" recipe for disaster. But some elderly think that they
won't be around anyway.
It's funny they don't vote for EUTHANASIA.
Many do - they vote for politicians who want to kill them.
Exactly, but slowly rather than killing them at once in "prime voting
age" up to the age of dementia. Many industries feed on the elderly
and political machine capitalizes on them.
Well, the point is that WE SHOULD LIVE OUR LIVES FULLY
"Fully" for a 70 year old isn't as "fully" as it is for a 35 year old.
A Hindu man runs marathons at 100. Inspirational, right? We can't stop
having hopes.

Recapitulating, we need:

1- Wholesome food, not junk food,

2- We need exercise everyday,

3- We need to keep our minds creative,

4- We need to keep having sex as long as possible,

5- We need to support the revolution. ;)
TibetanMonkey, the Beach Cruiser Philosopher
2012-01-02 15:48:35 UTC
This may sound like preaching, but it's the reality of life in the
jungle. SHOPPING is very similar to HUNTING GATHERING, only that you
are hunting for bargains or for something that catches your monkey
attention. There many temptations out there to grab your monkey
attention, some of them making you believe that you are the hunter
while you are the hunted. Or perhaps it's a combination of the two.
The point is that the outing itself is worth the effort to ride a
bike. It can be hard effort or gentle effort, it can even be no effort
if you fancy an electric bike. It certainly is no struggle unless you
are one of those stupid monkeys with shopping bags hanging from the
handlebars. Remember, STUPIDITY IS NOT REWARDED IN THE JUNGLE. Set up
yourself nicely with racks, panniers, helmet, lights and everything
you may need in your hunting-gathering adventure. Get peanuts, popcorn
and don't forget water! Make it pleasant even if you indulge in your
favorite chocolate cookies. Hey, DON'T WORRY, you are burning calories
in those adventures! I love the word adventure, only that dodging cars
is an unfair survival game that we don't need. We only got one life,
you know. This is not the real thing where you must face the saber
tooth tiger.

Well, you know, carry a banana for the tiger! (plastic may work)

THIS IS A WONDERFUL DESCRIPTION OF CYCLING FOR THE HELL OF IT:

Energy is important, but living life fully is even more important

There is something more subtle in favor of bicycling than just the
energy equation. While riding the bike, I slow down, get to know my
surroundings, and feel like I’m part of the community, rather than
feeling isolated from it. Many of us have been discovering the value
of “relocalizing” - getting in touch with our neighborhoods and
communities to support one another during these crazy times. But
that’s hard to do when zipping around in a big metal box. If I see a
friend while biking, it is easy to stop and have a chat. I can smell
the unique smells (it is springtime here in North Carolina) and hear
the unique sounds of each part of my community. When there’s an event
going on at one of the local gathering spots, I can hear the music and
feel the energy of the crowd. I often stop and help box turtles across
the road (not so easy to do in a car) and watch them as they wander
off into the bushes. And all the while, I am getting consistent,
moderate exercise.

When it rains, I get to feel that too. I used to mind that part, but
one day after watching my young daughters run outside to play in a
rainstorm - totally unfazed - I realized that my distaste for the rain
was a learned thing, something I could unlearn. So I did. But more
importantly, biking daily has taught me to pay attention to my
surroundings. (Although I still don’t ride in thunderstorms, as I have
an aversion to anything over about 100 volts or so.) Cars have taught
us to ignore our surroundings and just go on our way, unaware of
whatever conditions may exist in the world around us. It’s like the
time when I was much younger, when I tried to drive a car across
Nebraska in a historic snowstorm and ended up stuck in a 3-foot snow
drift in the middle of I-80 (which was closed for 2 days). I would
never have attempted that on a bike. I would have stopped and waited
until the weather was better. The "old me" was impatient to get where
I was going fast, and, as a result, I missed the joy that could be had
along the way. The "new me" has rediscovered the simple joy of getting
there, with all its twists and turns.

I believe this is a parable for all of modern society. We have become
so accustomed to our modern conveniences that we are led to a
depressive sort of "doomer" mentality, thinking that some of them
might be taken away by the likes of Peak Oil and Peak Money. Many
people seem to lack imagination regarding how they would get by
without their metal boxes to zip around in, their air conditioned
houses to live in, and their always-on Internet connection. If my
experience with bike riding is any hint, we’ll get by just fine.

2012-01-02 17:16:45 UTC
On Jan 1, 9:11 am, "TibetanMonkey, the Beach Cruiser Philosopher"
On Dec 31, 11:30 am, "TibetanMonkey, the Beach Cruiser Philosopher"
Post by TibetanMonkey, the Beach Cruiser Philosopher
It takes oil to make a bike and diesel fuel being burned at the rate of 6
maybe 7 miles per gallon in a tractor trailer to deliver a bike to a bike
shop.
Yeah, but it's only a FRACTION of driving an SUV which also needs
manufacturing. They don't grow on trees! ;)
There's other costs, besides fuel and manufacturing overhead,
too. Bikes are MUCH cheaper to repair -- compare a freewheel
replacement to a transmission rebuild. Traffic tickets are
almost unheard of. Insurance? That's money burned whether
you're driving or *not*. AFAIK, bikes are not required to
carry it.
[...]
Why not electrify a bicycle? Imagine a featherweight
supercapacitor charged by a regenerative hub brake.
Bank the energy otherwise lost in stopping and use it
whenever you need extra acceleration, such as when
starting at a light change or passing a slow-moving SUV.
I'm telling you, the poor carry a heavy burden by being forced to
drive a car to their jobs. At one time I was forced to drive to this
job 2 miles down the road when I was willing and able to ride a bike.
The main benefit though is that people use the bicycle widely for
local errands. As I say, 'BUY LOCALLY, BIKE LOCALLY.'
A 2 mile ride is nothing. A bike can beat a car every time.
That's my distance to the market --one way. I try to make the most of
it but it's simply not enough.

I'm preparing for a 10 mile ride as I write this:

(POSTED TO CHRIS' FORUM)

It's a jungle out there!

Hey, no intention to intimidate anyone. I'm just reflecting the
reality as I see it as I prepare for "hunting gathering" adventure
with my cargo bike. The distance is not short, but the "winding
grinding sidewalks" make it feel twice as long, and sometimes I find
more than my fair shair of predatory drivers who openly intimidate me
or just ignore me like a monkey. Riding on roads have placed me in
direct confrontation with them, and conflict is something I want to
avoid. I want to smile at pedestrians though sometimes I give them a
scare too.

Is this SAFARI in an urban jungle?

NOTE: I'm using Chris' wisdom in my posts on Google groups and
elsewhere. My point is nice and simple: WE NEED LIVING SPACE!

http://www.chrismartenson.com/forum/definitive-bicycle-thread/20474?page=6
TibetanMonkey, the Beach Cruiser Philosopher
2012-01-03 02:35:32 UTC
On Sat, 31 Dec 2011 13:31:18 -0800 (PST), Father Haskell
There's other costs, besides fuel and manufacturing overhead,
too. Bikes are MUCH cheaper to repair -- compare a freewheel
replacement to a transmission rebuild. Traffic tickets are
almost unheard of.
Even though most bikers aren't aware that they have to obey the same
traffic laws that car drivers do. How many of them sail through red
lights as a car is preparing to turn right on red?
That's called being hooked, and it's a big reason why
bike lanes are a disaster. Obeying traffic laws works
better, and doesn't require a multi-million dollar upgrade
of the road system.
Most cops don't bother stopping bikes, though, because judges consider
a bike violation a joke.
Insurance? That's money burned whether
you're driving or *not*. AFAIK, bikes are not required to
carry it.
And if a bike slams into a car, the biker sues the car owner.
If they live.
Well, we happen to agree with all of the above. I'd let cyclists TAKE
THE LANE and that would add to their visibility and respect. You may
share the road but not the lane with a vehicle. We are too fragile to
trust drivers, often talking on the phone.
TibetanMonkey, the Beach Cruiser Philosopher
2012-01-03 17:20:15 UTC
On Dec 27 2011, 2:10 pm, "Zacharias Mulletstein"
On Sun, 25 Dec 2011 18:38:32 -0800 (PST), Father Haskell
It's great medicine. When I started biking years ago,
my resting heart rate went from 80 to 50 bpm in less
than two months. My blood pressure went from
120 / 85 to 110 / 65.
That's my BP now. I don't have a pressure problem, I have an
oxygenation problem. I've passed out a few times already from anoxia
when I was sitting.
That's because you are a pop athiest. You hate God so much you're about to
pop, and it causes you to have high blood pressure. You are also in danger
of having an anyeurism. If you would quit hating God so much, your blood
pressure would go down. I had High Blood Pressure as well as Sugar Diabetes
when I was a Hard Core Athiesist but as soon as I became a Fundamentalist
Christian my diseases disappeared because I was Healed by the Mighty Power
of Jesus Christ.
Oh dear....lying again?
Since when a diabetes could be cured, especially by a religious con
cult?
1/3 of Americans are diabetes and half of them are
Christians.......they still are !
Since about 90% of Americans are Christian, I'd expect that a lot more
than 1/6 of Americans are diabetic Christians.
I think most of them are just Mickey Mouse Christians. Real Christians
are about 0.9% of the population.
TibetanMonkey, the Beach Cruiser Philosopher
2012-01-04 14:00:21 UTC
I have a strategy that I may start doing today... WEAR A MONKEY MASK!
It ain't no ordinary monkey though. It looks like an early hominid
that will remind the Christians out there who we are. I will unleash
it as part of this 'BUY LOCALLY, BIKE LOCALLY CAMPAIGN,' so they'll
understand that the car is not a good choice to move in one's
community and surroundings. Our past is poorly reflected in our BLAND
DIETS and SEDENTARY LIFE, so the bike is the perfect tool for the
modern hunter gatherer out to go BARGAIN HUNTING.

I asked a police officer if he saw any problem and he told me 'no.' So
I will take my fliers that will tell them 'what's going on in the
jungle.' I expect the Christians to look the other way --as usual--
but I will hit the areas where people are looking for solutions. Of
course, THE REVOLUTION IS ABOUT SOLUTIONS!

Yes, I will take bananas too!